Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock 20" ENVY Wheels on my 2013 R/T Classic. They're gun-metal gray with brushed aluminum trim. I'm considering putting black wheels (something from one of the newer Challengers) on this car, and would like to "generate some revenue" by selling my used wheels. They're flawless (no scratches). One of them is original (in service for 65K miles), however three of them were replaced a 2 years ago under factory warranty, when some small bubbles in the clearcoat appeared. So 3 of them have less than 20K miles on them.

What is the fair market value of this set of stock wheels (no tires, but I'll probably include both the original chrome (clad) lugnuts and the black Gorilla nuts on the car now....see photo).

Attachments

·
Registered
598 Posts
I have the stock 20" ENVY Wheels on my 2013 R/T Classic. They're gun-metal gray with brushed aluminum trim. I'm considering putting black wheels (something from one of the newer Challengers) on this car, and would like to "generate some revenue" by selling my used wheels. They're flawless (no scratches). One of them is original (in service for 65K miles), however three of them were replaced a 2 years ago under factory warranty, when some small bubbles in the clearcoat appeared. So 3 of them have less than 20K miles on them.

What is the fair market value of this set of stock wheels (no tires, but I'll probably include both the original chrome (clad) lugnuts and the black Gorilla nuts on the car now....see photo).
They have no value. You can wrap them nicely in bubble wrap and carefully set them in my truck bed. I'll take then to the recycle center for you free of charge.

Seriously, I have no idea. I did notice that all four of my green with envy wheels have developed corrosion under the clear coat all over. I'm not too happy.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see "new" ones for sale all over the place for $350 each. Mine are in great condition (since I caught the clearcoat issue while under warranty and had 3 of them replaced.)

I wouldn't expect "wear" to be an issue (other than the finish), and these ones have never seen salt or snow (only drive it March to November).

I don't see these wheels (Grey ENVY) a lot out there, and figured that if I pull the trigger on some after market ones, or even some different OEM wheels (considering the same ENVY wheels in Black), I could offset the price a little. These would look great on a Silver or Granite Challener or Charger. I even saw a white Chally wiht a silver stripe that these look good on.

Anyone have a feel for Used OEM 20 x 8 wheel resale value?

Heck, I sold my factory original Fuel Door assembly (4 years old) for $75 (only paid $90 for the new door) so I got a black fuel door for $15 net.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump. Looking for interest in and/or estimated value of my OEM Mineral Grey ENVY wheels. Want to see if I can get anything for them, to help offset the cost of some aftermarket wheels.......before I make the decision to buy new wheels.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
Have a look on ebay. I see one for $280, and others up from there. Depends on condition of course, and as always, finding someone that wants them. A Guy

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EBAY takes a bite out of the selling price. I'll do that after I try and fail to sell them directly. I see them going for $280 on EBAY as well. I figured if I offer them up for $175 apiece (plus another $50 each to ship them), somebody can get a nice set of great condition OEM wheels for $900, and I'll have $700 to put toward the new set. I'll even throw them in the back of my truck and meet someone within 150 miles of my place.

Once I pull the string on the new ones, I'll probably offer them up here, and on Charger, 300, and Magnum Forums. I've actually seen pictures of these exact wheels on a Magnum, and they look great.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,976 Posts
I wasn't saying sell them on ebay, but get an idea what they are worth (your original question :) ). A Guy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts