Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'20 Hellcat NB
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts on running a Magnuson SC on the stock internals of my new '20 6.4? This is my daily driver so I'm thinking 6psi max with a very conservative tune. I'd be looking for mid to low 500's to the wheels.

Anyone see any reliability or longevity issues?

In 2-3 years I'd be looking at beefing up the internals and upping the boost.

·
Premium Member
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
304 Posts
I was tempted as well but decided to wait until car is paid off before going down the power adders path. I did a tune and minor mods to hold me over -- see link below for details. Drag pack tires is the best bang for your dollar if you plan on going to drag strip.

Being its your daily driver comes w/ additional risk. But its your money to spend, enjoy!!!

·
Registered
'20 Hellcat NB
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was tempted as well but decided to wait until car is paid off before going down the power adders path. I did a tune and minor mods to hold me over -- see link below for details. Drag pack tires is the best bang for your dollar if you plan on going to drag strip.

Being its your daily driver comes w/ additional risk. But its your money to spend, enjoy!!!

Thanks for the info and I'll watch your video after work. I'll see what the extra cost would run to forge the piston and rods when the supercharger is installed.

Why not buy a HC from the get go instead of an SP?
Because I wanted a WB and paying an extra $25k was not worth it in my book. Not to mention Hellcats are a dime a dozen here in DFW.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts