Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!

20" or 18" wheels

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
352 Posts
Hi,

Believe you would have 6 piston Brembo brakes on the front, so think your stuck with 20's on the front unless you do skinny tires with a offset rear 18 might work, not sure.

Regards,
Jim

Reactions: theblaisez24

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
220 Posts
I will be putting OEM 18" Demon wheels on my gen1 SRT8, however it has the 4pot Brembo's, and like Jmos4 said, I do not believe they will clear the 6pots you have, unless you swap the, to 4pot

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will be putting OEM 18" Demon wheels on my gen1 SRT8, however it has the 4pot Brembo's, and like Jmos4 said, I do not believe they will clear the 6pots you have, unless you swap the, to 4pot
I was thinking of doing the same thing, just wondering if there was a brake swap out kit to do so. Thanks.

Hi,

Believe you would have 6 piston Brembo brakes on the front, so think your stuck with 20's on the front unless you do skinny tires with a offset rear 18 might work, not sure.

Regards,
Jim
Yes, thank you.

·
Registered
16,218 Posts
No kit, just swap out the the front rotors and calipers with 4-piston Scat Pack stuff and you're good. Can probably find someone willing to trade.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,

Regards,
Jim
Yes, that is correct and no not stuck I will get the 18's on.....:unsure:.

I stayed with the 20" but went with the 10" wide chrome cragar wheels and made a huge difference.
Huge difference in what way?? Besides looks........

No kit, just swap out the the front rotors and calipers with 4-piston Scat Pack stuff and you're good. Can probably find someone willing to trade.

Ok, thats kinda what I was thinking! Just gotta get the folks at the Brampton plant some parts and back to work!!!:cautious: Thanks for the response!

Hi,

Regards,
Jim
Thank you for the reply!

Apparently you guys like your 20"'s..........thank you to all who have voted!

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
352 Posts
Apparently you guys like your 20"'s..........thank you to all who have voted!
Hi,

Not really a fan of 20's, just ordered the bigger brakes, seemed like a good idea until you see how much replacement costs, and to the best of my knowledge is the only size that clears, wouldn't mind the larger sidewall look.

Although I will say the brakes do impress me almost more than the acceleration does.

Regards,
Jim

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
220 Posts
Why would you downsize??, the Stock wheels are 20x11

·
Registered
16,218 Posts
Can't vote on my phone but I like the looks of the 18's better as long as the tire is right, like the Demon and Super Stock look I think looks killer.

Just do the Scat Pack 4-pistons in the front and your done and they stop plenty good enough.

Ron Silva Super Stock throwing out the anchor at 136 mph.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,743 Posts

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
220 Posts
Read what Slidd said, thank you!
Man, I'm referring to width, and I'm replying to what wildman said, read what I posted above, thank you

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man, I'm referring to width, and I'm replying to what wildman said, read what I posted above, thank you
Ok, I misunderstood who you were asking.....sorry!! I am not sure why he would do that....maybe we can see some pics of the finished product, maybe those Cragars only came in 10" width....maybe he can explain. As for me and what I want to accomplish is the look of 18"'s, the availability of 18"'s, less weight and of course the cost's associated! Thanks.

It seems your poll has spoken.
It seems so.......and thank you to all of you who casted your vote!!! I will still be putting 18"'s around the corners so if anyone comes across 4pot calipers/hardware or knows of any good deals please share! Thanks again to all who participated! Much love.....‍❤

1 - 17 of 17 Posts