Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna buy one or the other on Monday and was just curious the pros and cons of each size. I searched the site and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I like the look of the 22s more but have read how some people experience shaking with them. The wheel store said since they are hubcentric it won't happen. But I don't wanna buy them and have my car shaking down the road. I'm aware it will seem a little sluggish but I'm not planning on doing too much drag racing.

Also if I get the mopar stage 1 lowering springs with the 22s am I going to have problems with rubbing? I will have even tire sizes all around. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Bart in Houston

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get ready for all of the big wheel haters to chime in. I have 22" Charger srt8 replicas on my 2010 r/t. Love the look. Fills out the wheel wells great. No vibrations or downsides. I think it all depends on the wheel type. I think when people here 22" they automatically thing bling. Good luck and prepare for all of the anything bigger than 17" looks stupid comments.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
Gonna buy one or the other on Monday and was just curious the pros and cons of each size. I searched the site and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for.

I like the look of the 22s more but have read how some people experience shaking with them. The wheel store said since they are hubcentric it won't happen. But I don't wanna buy them and have my car shaking down the road. I'm aware it will seem a little sluggish but I'm not planning on doing too much drag racing.

Also if I get the mopar stage 1 lowering springs with the 22s am I going to have problems with rubbing? I will have even tire sizes all around. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Bart in Houston

the viper replicas are heavy but if you get a good shop to mount and balance then no issues I would suggest that they have the Hunter Road Force to Balance I would suggest a 265/35/22 all the way around and it will clear we did the same thing with my friends 2011 charger 2" drop springs looks great and no issues

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks blackcloud. I know a lot of people aren't into the 22s but to me they just look right. Glad to hear your not having problems with vibrations. That's helping me lean towards 22"s. I'll post pictures after I get them!

·
Registered
505 Posts
The 22s look best especially if they are staggered BUT they are soooo heavy! Get them road force balanced and the will roll true. The only problem I noticed was my outer tie rods went bad which is common on these cars. I feel the added weight just sped up the wear. Good luck post pics :thumbup:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Well my car already had 50k on it but around 55k they were shot. I drive pretty aggressive and the added weight probably helped quicken the process. Your cars newer so you should be ok.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have staggered 22 vipers and don't have any problems with them, had them for 2yrs now ill try to post a pic of them. had them on a rt and now a 392. the rt was lowered and had no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Don't mean to hijack the thread but doe anyone have pictures of their car with 20"s? Im coming close to buying a chrome staggered set.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Alright, so for 20s what recommended? I'm open to anything, just trying to get ideas!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts