Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering about this, took a Scat Pack for a test drive in Milwaukee last week, it might have run better if half the front end was there, long story short, someone tried to steal the front grill off the car..........oh boy, but they said it will be fixed, and gave me this warranty.

Anyone ever hear of this, they said they are the only Milwaukee dealers who do this for only new cars.

Rich

Text Document Paper Paper product Font

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im thinking this is only thru the dealer............still seems strange, im still pissed i drove a 100 miles to test drive a car and half the front end was missing. lol...........still drove pretty good i have to add. Its thru Ewald Dodge in Milwaukee .........surprised some of the Milwaukee boys havent mentioned this.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Im thinking this is only thru the dealer............still seems strange, im still pissed i drove a 100 miles to test drive a car and half the front end was missing. lol...........still drove pretty good i have to add. Its thru Ewald Dodge in Milwaukee .........surprised some of the Milwaukee boys havent mentioned this.
Yeah, I would be pissed too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,849 Posts

All New vehicles come with the Ewald Exclusive 20 Year/200,000 Mile Limited Powertrain Warranty!

A Guy

·
Registered
16,229 Posts
The key word being "limited".

Definitely not a Chrysler warranty and you gonna get nickled and dimed to death.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
It seems pretty straight forward. However, it expressly states all required maintenance must be done as recommended by the manufacturer. If you're anal about doing ALL maintenance on, or before, it's recommended AND you keep all service records, there shouldn't be a problem. Since it doesn't cost any additional amount, it becomes a matter of whether or not the out the door price is better than the dealer across town. If it's not, I'm sure there is still some value; but, only you can determine what that value is to you. I'm also curious if there is any fine print other than what you posted that might reference the warranty is void if the vehicle has been used in an abusive manner.

·
Registered
16,229 Posts
They might require that all maintenance be done at their dealership so you'll spend thousands over the life of the vehicle doing these mandatory services, gotta be a catch somewhere for them to make back and then some the money this warranty will cost the dealer. They don't dream up stuff like this to lose money.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,714 Posts
really not much difference than any other warranty, $100 deductible is decent too. And what percentage of vehicles bought new are 1 owner after 20 years, 0.001%?

·
Premium Member
2021 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited Willys 4X4
2,192 Posts
They might require that all maintenance be done at their dealership so you'll spend thousands over the life of the vehicle doing these mandatory services, gotta be a catch somewhere for them to make back and then some the money this warranty will cost the dealer. They don't dream up stuff like this to lose money.

Additionally......I’ll bet, for example, at age 8 an engine takes a schittttt. The cost of the engine rebuild and/or replacement exceeds the value of the the car. I’m guessing they’d tell you to pound sand, or, best case scenario, give you ACV for the car, then crush it.

·
Premium Member
10,377 Posts
They require you bring them your vehicle and have the services done there, unless you live close by and are willing to follow their schedule the offer is just an empty one. As I always say the dealer never loses.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My local dealer offers "warranty forever" but there are enough caveats and maintenance documentation/preauthorization requirements that it makes swiss cheese look solid.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
The dealer's 20-year warranty is just a sales gimmick. The typical owner only keeps a car for 8 years.

The best corporate powertrain warranty is the 10-year/100,000 mile one provided by Hyundai.

Compare America’s Best Warranty

Powertrain Limited WarrantyNew Vehicle Limited WarrantyAnti-Perforation Warranty
Hyundai10-Year / 100,000-Mile5-Year / 60,000-Mile7-Year / Unlimited
Toyota5-Year / 60,000-Mile3-Year / 36,000-Mile5-Year / Unlimited
Honda5-Year / 60,000-Mile3-Year / 36,000-Mile5-Year / Unlimited
Nissan5-Year / 60,000-Mile3-Year / 36,000-Mile5-Year / Unlimited
Chevrolet5-Year / 60,000-Mile3-Year / 36,000-Mile6-Year / 100,000-Mile
Lexus6-Year / 70,000-Mile4-Year / 50,000-Mile6-Year / Unlimited

1 - 14 of 14 Posts