Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Ya know what us1champ?
Your right. Mod’s do not increase value !!!
I do take the Challenger out now and then. Usually do car cruises on Friday nights. It’s a garage Queen.
I was ok with my car until the 2011’s came.
I Hated the carbon fiber stripes anyway. I didn’t like the R/T style chin spoiler. I Hated the Ram emblem front bumper.
I had no thought about resale value at the time I had the the front end updated with the 2011 to 14 front bumper with the Ram emblem delete. I loved the 2015 SRT Cuda style hood and yes, NO stripes. The R/T chin spoiler ?? Yeah, it had to Go.
After the car was completed I had a couple of people ask me “Is that a Hellcat?” I would politely say Hell,No Haha... It’s just an old SRT8. To the people that know Challengers they think it’s newer than a 2009. Yes, I spent money on the conversion and it’s the best mod that can be done. It changed the look of the whole car.
I was very Happy with it. But if some sucker wants to hand over $25,500 for a 2009 SRT8 with 20,300 miles I would probably be happy too. Hahaha...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Other than seeing mine every day, I don’t see too many 09’s on the road. I’m at 149,000 miles. I considered trading it in at one point, but nah. I don’t think I can get rid of it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Still hanging on to mine. Original owner silver 6-speed SRT8. Would be cool to upgrade to a Hellcat, but I still love the old girl, and not really sure I want to trade this one in & spend another $35k-40k....
Haha, $30,500 for an 08 with 40,000 miles ??
Mine is a garage queen...
I would be happy with a solid $25,500 for my Challenger with 20,300 miles. Bueller, Bueller, Bueller. Just installed brand new Good Year tires. I’ll even throw in some pictures.
I have a modified 09 SRT also. Put 22” satin black hellcat wheels, blacked out the front grill, tail lights, side markers, satin black ‘70 cuda tribute “HEMI” billboard, black roof, louvers on rear window

Love it.

3499BB1D-C1DC-48BB-90C3-8BC1DD837F6F.jpeg

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
09 16,000 miles. Been apart bumper to bumper with motor work to led to interior you name it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
I have a modified 09 SRT also. Put 22” satin black hellcat wheels, blacked out the front grill, tail lights, side markers, satin black ‘70 cuda tribute “HEMI” billboard, black roof, louvers on rear window View attachment 982191 . Love it
Looks good, but the billboard stripe was from a 1971 'Cuda- not a 1970. The 1970 had the "hockey stick" rear decal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ah yes.... definitely ‘71. I was debating going with the hockey stripe but decided to go with the louder option. I love the old school look. Next upgrade is amber halos.

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Haha, $30,500 for an 08 with 40,000 miles ??
Mine is a garage queen...
I would be happy with a solid $25,500 for my Challenger with 20,300 miles. Bueller, Bueller, Bueller. Just installed brand new Good Year tires. I’ll even throw in some pictures.
Soooo... what exactly is that you are growing in the engine bay? (behind the fuse box).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,584 Posts
Agreed ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm with you. My 2009 SRT will never be sold.

It's funny that I periodically receive offers, in the mail, from my local Dodge dealer to buy my low-mileage car for around $20k. I just laugh and throw them in the trash.
I have a 2009 orange SRT8 6 speed manual with 14k that only pokes it's head out of the garage on sunny calm days!?. I too have the local dealer offering to pay cash of +-20k for my ride. My wife and I will not part with this car as we both love it and only see it going up in value due to its relative rarity. I wouldn't want one of the newer models with the vvt. If we ever decide to upgrade the engine, the choices for this engine are quite abundant and can easily push the HP to 600 and not damage anything as this is a well designed and very durable engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
About 500,000 Challengers have been built in the past 11 years. But, how many original 2008-2009 Challenger SRTs do you see on the road?

When I drive my Hemi-orange 2009 SRT, I never see these early models. I think there are three reasons for this.

1. They are relatively rare- only 16,842 were built (7,262- 2008 and 9,580- 2009).
2. Some are "garage queens."
3. A few high mileage cars are now off the road.
[You're right, these cars are rare. Mine is a garage queen and just turned 15,000. It's never seen rain or snow. Love these old Challys.....]
IMG_20191005_182343986.jpg
IMG_20191005_191712685.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,584 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Beautiful car! (y)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Was done a few years back with a 3M vinyl wrap material. Trim is a auto parts stick on that was heated, bent and painted.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
I have a modified 09 SRT also. Put 22” satin black hellcat wheels, blacked out the front grill, tail lights, side markers, satin black ‘70 cuda tribute “HEMI” billboard, black roof, louvers on rear window

Love it.

View attachment 982190 View attachment 982191
Yeah Bill Boards were '71 'Cudas. In another thread about billboards, the new ones are too small, yours is a perfect replica for doing the Challenger to 'cuda conversion!

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,368 Posts
Was done a few years back with a 3M vinyl wrap material. Trim is a auto parts stick on that was heated, bent and painted.
More pictures, do you have a special thread about the build/install? How about seams with stitching, how did you fake those in?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah Bill Boards were '71 'Cudas. In another thread about billboards, the new ones are too small, yours is a perfect replica for doing the Challenger to 'cuda conversion!
I agree, most billboards on the modern challengers are too small and don’t look right. I had mine custom made so it looks right. Looking for a wicker Bill to add on next. ??

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Your right. Mod’s do not increase value !!!
Mods are a personal satisfaction thing. I added a lot of billet parts just to personalize my SRT. I know that they will not add anything significant to a resale value.

Challenger 005.JPG
srtinterior.jpg
srtinterior2.JPG

21 - 40 of 40 Posts