Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2008 -2011 Rarest Color/Options for the SRT8?

Hey All,

I'm sure there must be something in the form of a list on this forum (or elsewhere on the web) that shows the specific number of SRTs built with available colors.

More specifically, I'd like to find the rarest color and optioned SRT from 2009 through 2011. This would exclude the Furious Fuscia and 2011 IE models.

Wondering where the Toxic Orange, B5 Blue and Detonator Yellow stand in the line up.

Thanks for the info and/or link to find the info.

Tony B. :icon7:

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
UPDATE:

Ok, I found the production numbers for the 2010 Detonator Yellow SRT8 and the B5 Blue. Thanks to a past post made by Bramstestdriver ........

Would like to get the remaining stats of the other colors if at all possible.

Thanks fellas ..... and ladies! :IThankYou:

Detonator Yellow SRT8:
For 2010 there were a total of DY 1,188 produced. Approximately 55% were RT's 45% were SRT8's. Out of those totals, approximately 60% were autos and 40% 6-speeds for each.

B5 Blue SRT8:
From what I gathered at the Brampton factory itself, only 100 B5 blue 2010 Challenger SRT8s were made, 47 with 6spds, only 14 of those 6spd cars NOT having a sunroof. 53 were automatics SRT8s. I don't know the numbers on the B5 R/T models of that year. I am not 100% on the numbers, but credible sources rumour at the plant was that this colour wasn't to be applied to the 2010 model at all, however, someone in the plant high up decided to make instant collector cars "mistakenly" and let the paint fly on 100 srt8s. What actually was produced and why would be available from the factory.

·
Super Moderator
15,023 Posts
For the '08 - '10 SRT, Brilliant Silver isn't very common.

Billet Silver for the '11 SRTs is likely a low quantity, compared to the other offerings.
Green With Envy is likely to be a lower number, since that wasn't available for the entire year.
The rarest '11 color would be Pitch Black as it was a temporary replacement for Brilliant Black Pearl late in the model year - production was disrupted due to the Xilliric pigment shortage (pearl compound) at the Merck facility in Japan.
The '11 Earthquake and Tsunami damaged sole plant that produced that compound.

For '12 onward Pitch Black replaced Brilliant Black Pearl

Q

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
For the '08 - '10 SRT, Brilliant Silver isn't very common.

Billet Silver for the '11 SRTs is likely a low quantity, compared to the other offerings.
Green With Envy is likely to be a lower number, since that wasn't available for the entire year.
The rarest '11 color would be Pitch Black as it was a temporary replacement for Brilliant Black Pearl late in the model year - production was disrupted due to the Xilliric pigment shortage (pearl compound) at the Merck facility in Japan.
The '11 Earthquake and Tsunami damaged sole plant that produced that compound.

For '12 onward Pitch Black replaced Brilliant Black Pearl
Thanks, I really appreciate the quick response.

If anyone is able to locate exact production figures for the model year and color for the SRT models then it sure would help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
437 Posts
While I know my 2010 B5Blue SRT8 is rare, I sincerely doubt only 47 6 speeds were made. When I bought mine last year, there were 3 B5Blue SRT8s for sale in Connecticut alone. :) I'm sure the number is more like 400, but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
For the R/T model, B5 was only sprayed on the R/T Classic package. It was suppose to be a "Spring Special Edition" for 2009, but because of the bankruptcy, only a few in 2009 actually were painted B5 and production halted. 2010 came along, Chrylser dropped the Spring Special Edition, and for a limited short time B5 was painted.

This senerio plays out for the SRT too, as with DY.

·
Registered
437 Posts
For the R/T model, B5 was only sprayed on the R/T Classic package. It was suppose to be a "Spring Special Edition" for 2009, but because of the bankruptcy, only a few in 2009 actually were painted B5 and production halted. 2010 came along, Chrylser dropped the Spring Special Edition, and for a limited short time B5 was painted.

This senerio plays out for the SRT too, as with DY.
As far as Chrysler dropping the Spring Special, my Mulroney states it as a Spring Special Edition. The car was built in October of '09 and is a 2010 SRT8 model.

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
501 Posts
wake this thread up again

how many Detonator Yellow DY challengers on this site?????? come on call them out

me first 2010 DY 6.1 SRT8

1 - 9 of 9 Posts