Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to purchase a flat black rear spoiler from a 2008-10 SRT Challenger to replace the painted Redline 3 on my ordered 392 with stripe delete. I really think the flat black will cut too much red and will look great.

Does anyone know if the holes will line up and fit without drilling new mounting holes? Don't think I have the stomach to drill into the new hood.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Looking to purchase a flat black rear spoiler from a 2008-10 SRT Challenger to replace the painted Redline 3 on my ordered 392 with stripe delete. I really think the flat black will cut too much red and will look great.

Does anyone know if the holes will line up and fit without drilling new mounting holes? Don't think I have the stomach to drill into the new hood.
I don't think I have the stomach to see someone drill holes into the hood in order to put a rear spoiler on..:scratchhead: lol jk

I'm pretty positive the holes will be the same, not sure why Dodge would change the way that the spoiler attaches. BUT if by any chance there is a difference..you could always paint your spoiler

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check with Evan at TakeOffAutoParts.com.

Home - Take Off Auto Parts.com OEM Wheels & Parts at DIY Prices! Buy and $AVE!

Rear spoilers normally go for $99.
I called Evan last week -that's where I was planned to purchase the 2008-10 spoiler. He didn't know, so I called the parts department of the local Dodge dealer. Wouldn't you know it... the holes do not line up on the 392 as with the older SRT8. They said the holes where close but slightly off. I am very surprised that they changed, but apparently this is the case. Guess I will be painting the original. Was hoping to keep it so, I could always have the car put back to it's original state.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Maybe wait to buy a new '11 spoiler. Then paint that one so you don't have to paint the original

1 - 5 of 5 Posts