Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Challenger SRT8 #1101. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT AWD
629 Posts
I may look into these again myself.

Although I got replacement bulbs from Diode Dynamics in them so wonder if that make a difference.

Anyone know if they work with these LED's? I'm sending Webelectric a message asking also.

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Just looked over the Instructions for the Webelectric it shows using Wire Lugs and having to use splice connectors into the existing wiring harness I do not like that.
I dont like having to do this for various reasons...
I don't like having to do that either and like the fact that they advertised as Plug and Play except for maybe the ground.

I did not see instructions listed on their site but here's an excerpt from their page.

This is a true Plug-N-Play kit. You do not have to break off any rivets. There is no need to go into the fuse box to make any connections. Return to stock at any time without any evidence of ever being there! The kit contains pre-wired, plug-in harnesses that install with no wire cutting or splicing of any kind. (Note: 2011 and newer cars may need one ground wire splice) *

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Download the Instructions for the STS4 kit ... :( They even have a few pages showing different ways to hook it up depending on how you want the sequence to work when Braking ...It's more then Plug N Play. A ground is no biggie but if you have to go through other steps and splicing i'm not liking that.
Yep. That sux. Just located the install for it and it does indeed show cutting and splicing a couple wires.

I'd be interested in it if they'd just added a couple more plugs to their kit instead of adding splices / cutting.
Pliers Nipper Motor vehicle Paint brush Font

·
Premium Member
629 Posts

I had the sequential signal kit on my '10 (previous owner mod - Mopar kit). It was fine, but I thought it looked a little "Mustang-y". Another way to go is what I did on my '14. I just swapped out the one-element sockets for two-element sockets on the deck lid portion of the tail lamps, and ran additional wires from the harness. Interestingly, the factory bulbs in the center portion are already two-element; don't know why. Now I have full-width brake and signal lights instead of just the ends in the quarter panels.

Not difficult to do, but does require pulling some wire from the trunk, and cutting the tail lamp harness in the center lamp. I did it right with soldered and shrink tube connections, and will pick up a salvage harness sometime when the opportunity presents so that I can put it back easily if I ever want to (which I doubt).

In my opinion, looks 100% better than stock, and mimics the '70 Challenger function for a more "retro" look. Also, the extra visibility doesn't hurt. Either way; sequential kit, or solid full-width lamps, it looks better than the factory set-up.

Cheers!

JD
I may look into this. I like the sound of that better actually.
I Want More visibility but I also don't want it to look Mustang like.

Now to find the dual element socket part #'s...

How many did you end up using? 2 or 4 im guessing..

Sounds like you wired the center sockets in parallel with the outer edge ones?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts