Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD / 2008+ Dodge Challenger Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Loaded 12" 4ohm

SOLD.

Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Loaded with New Woofer
Fits - 2008+ Dodge Challenger's

Enclosure is made out of Fiberglass, and is carpeted.

Enclosure itself was used for about 1 year, but the woofer is brand new, and never used.
Includes Grille.

Includes Mounting hardware.

Woofer Specs:
Kicker CompVT Shallow Mount Subwoofer
Impedance 4 ohms
Size: 12"
Power: 400w RMS, 800w Max/Peak
DO NOT PROVIDE THIS WOOFER MORE THAN 400W RMS!!!!!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
Weight: 30lbs (approx)

I have it Ebay for BIN @ 325.00, and $25.00 shipping.

But will offer it to my fellow Challenger Group for $275.00 Free Shipping to USA.
If you are out of country, you pay the shipping cost less $25.00

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Giving this a bump.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Bump ..... Glwts

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Damn it I want it. Shit. Glws!

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How do you have it mounted?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

There is a lug on the long sloped side towards the wheel. Pull the woofer out, push in place, mark the hole, Drill into wheel well, pull back wheel well skirting, inserted threaded lug through hole and into threaded coupling on box.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
38 Posts
I may get this from you. I'll let you know soon. If someone comes with cash before I do please don't hold for me! Get that money! Lol

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I may get this from you. I'll let you know soon. If someone comes with cash before I do please don't hold for me! Get that money! Lol

Yup.. that's how I operate.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any idea what the internal volume is and max mounting depth? Why did you put a new sub in just to sell it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Its roughly cuft, but I added some poly fill to give it some virtual air space.

The sub that in it has about a 4-3/8", but it will accept up to a 6.2" depth roughly. Biggest thing you need to take into concern is the woofer displacement, this one took the least and left the most air space in the box.

I did have a Kicker CompR woofer and it was 5-3/4" depth, and fit nicely... pounded quite hard until my amp took a dive and smoked the woofer... hence the replacement. The amp power supply got nasty and starting clipping the signal and being in the trunk I could not hear it... until it just quit... DOH!!!

But the shallow mount woofer is more suitable to this box size.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, and the woofer I put in it is brand new, its a warranty replacement from Kicker on a another enclosure where the sub failed due to a failed glue.

I had been trying to sell just the woofer by itself, but had no luck, so decided to install in this box.

I am building a new enclosure for the challenger, with a Single 12" Kicker Solobaric L7, and 1000w on it, ported directly into the cabin.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
SOLD, Admins close thread please.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts