Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just turned a 146,000 miles and changed the plugs for the first time. Replaced with OE NGK's old ones were still in gap tolerance and looked great. While I was at it I changed to MSD coil packs - runs great and feels like slightly better throttle response. Did it last weekend and this week I have had it a couple of times around 130mph and last couple of days have been cruising between 90mph and 110mph for good stretches and feels great.

Other normal maintenance I have done - changed diff and trans fluids at 100k

Just thought readers would like to know.:guiness:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Very nice! Nothing beats reliable performance!

Reactions: SecretCajunMann

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Just turned a 146,000 miles and changed the plugs for the first time. Replaced with OE NGK's old ones were still in gap tolerance and looked great. While I was at it I changed to MSD coil packs - runs great and feels like slightly better throttle response. Did it last weekend and this week I have had it a couple of times around 130mph and last couple of days have been cruising between 90mph and 110mph for good stretches and feels great.

Thanks for sharing your vehicle history.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts

Congrats! That's awesome. :)

Have you changed the antifreeze yet? I do that on my cars at 50K, regardless.

As for my SRT, I won't reach 146K until the year 2572 at the rate I am going. :lol:

·
Registered
321 Posts

Wow.... Good Deal Man.. Thanks for the share. I hope to make it that far with my 09....

·
Premium Member
112 Posts

As for my SRT, I won't reach 146K until the year 2572 at the rate I am going. :lol:
Just turned 60,000 on my "09 SRT8. Also changed my antifreeze at 50,000. I think changing the antifreeze is important in an aluminum engine. Mine has been great so far with the exception of one of my HID headlights burning out. My dealer wanted just south of $300 to repair.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Did you have an major/minor problems?

The reason I ask is because it sounds like you didn't. We see horror stories here about "lemons" all the time. It could lead people to believe (falsely IMO) that the Challenger are constructed with substandard quality. I believe hearing about Challenger problems...is kind of like the Network News. Reporters always cover bad things. Rarely do they report "feel good" stories. Likewise, we always here the negatives when it comes to reports about Challenger quality.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
That is great. Nice to see high milers on ChallengerTalk. Thanks for sharing your experience. It gives the rest of us who are not up high on the miles yet more confidence about our Challengers! How is the interior/exterior holding up so far?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I did - had to change the water pump at around 120k bearing was going bad and weep holes were spitting.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just turned 60,000 on my "09 SRT8. Also changed my antifreeze at 50,000. I think changing the antifreeze is important in an aluminum engine. Mine has been great so far with the exception of one of my HID headlights burning out. My dealer wanted just south of $300 to repair.
Fog lights have gone on me and rear taillight but no HID's yet. If mine fail for that price I will just buy Halo's :guiness:

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
The reason I ask is because it sounds like you didn't. We see horror stories here about "lemons" all the time. It could lead people to believe (falsely IMO) that the Challenger are constructed with substandard quality. I believe hearing about Challenger problems...is kind of like the Network News. Reporters always cover bad things. Rarely do they report "feel good" stories. Likewise, we always here the negatives when it comes to reports about Challenger quality.
Really no - these are some other items:

- Changed water pump at around 120k it was failing
- Last pad change front drivers Brembo was dragging had to change approx. $450 for caliber - what was annoying is where the banjo bolt sits the casting was bad and I had to file it carefully for about an hour in about 25deg weather
- I am on my 3rd set of rotors - not expensive so I change probably when they still have life - just a choice.
- Changed belt and tensioner while I had water pump out
- Bad ABS sensor - $75

Other than that nothing much. I drive from south central NJ to NY everyday so it ain't easy driving and I drive it, exit ramps are corners at the track for me.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is great. Nice to see high milers on ChallengerTalk. Thanks for sharing your experience. It gives the rest of us who are not up high on the miles yet more confidence about our Challengers! How is the interior/exterior holding up so far?
Honestly interior is great. Steering wheel has lost that carbon fiber look (a little shinny) but no knobs or handles breaking - no lights out or gauge failures. The drivers side seat on the bolster by my left leg has a slight tear (can't even see) but I do weigh 215 so I would classify as normal wear and tear. Carpet, headliner, trim look great. Front windshield has slight crack in lower left corner from road rock - haven't changed because t doesn't bother me and I would rather have OE windshield then change - but I will probably breakdown this summer and do.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Honestly interior is great. Steering wheel has lost that carbon fiber look (a little shinny) but no knobs or handles breaking - no lights out or gauge failures. The drivers side seat on the bolster by my left leg has a slight tear (can't even see) but I do weigh 215 so I would classify as normal wear and tear. Carpet, headliner, trim look great. Front windshield has slight crack in lower left corner from road rock - haven't changed because t doesn't bother me and I would rather have OE windshield then change - but I will probably breakdown this summer and do.
That's nice, The car is holding up really well *knocks on wood*. :thumbsup:

Reactions: 2510

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Wonder who has the highest mileage Challenger, congrats on 146K !

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a 09' SRT, everytime I pass the 80 mph mark my steering wheel starts shaking, idk if any of you guys have the same issue

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Only time I had that a tire went down. Probably a bad side wall or just check the high speed balancing. If no other noise is simultaneous with vibration I would rule out bearing or like.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
That is incredible. Awesome, man. Goes to prove the saying, take care of them and they'll last a looooong time. I'm pretty sure you have the record for most mileage. Nice to see.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
I have this fear on my 14 Durango. I cant imagine how much the TFT gauge screen will cost or if they are even available in 10 years.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts