Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
I haven't been here in awhile but I have a 2008 srt8 that now has a super charged 426. I want to know what is the stock rear end and if I wanted to go to the strip, would I end up breaking my rear end.

I've heard its independent rear suspension and there isn't anything I can do

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Guys run 9s with what we have as far as the lsd. The axels are another story. I went to DSS and got the 1400hp axels.
Id try G Force also. Great costomer service and a little cheaper in cost not material.
As far as the LSD it can take a beating, but like everything, its going to need some TLC at some point.
Now you got the axels that wont break, its time for a drivshaft. Again I have a DSS alumn 1200hp rated DS. Had the carbon fiber but it broke in half.
Id sure look at G Force brand also. Once you hook up like glue and your over 500hp anything can go.
FlatTop

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
08's are open diff not LSD. Run it till it breaks. They are pretty stout Bunch of guys still run them in chargers and 300's at the track

·
Registered
13 Posts
I broke a axle in my 08 at 60K miles. Everyone I talked to was amazed the stock axle lastd that long. The last few 08's got the 215 diff that is in the 09 and up models. If you have the earlier diff the best mod you can make is the Wavetrac that will accept 09 and up axles that are rated 500hp. I have been running these for 30k miles with about 500hp at the wheels no problems. The traction and handling improvements are awesome and won't interfere with traction control. The diff lets you acclerate out of the turns sooner and steer with the throttle. If and when I break an axle the local dealer will probably have one on the shelf. Good luck findng an early 08 stock axle, the dealer qouted about $1,500 retail for one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts