Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this new in 2008. Due to relocation, it's been in climate controlled storage all its life. I'm driving my '73 Challenger and don't see driving this one in the near future. I'd like to see this SRT8 go to a good home.

This is production number 1,598 of the first 6,400 ever made. 6.1L Hemi with automatic transmission. It has a sunroof. It's still a new car. I take it out for a drive twice in the summer and start it a couple times during the winter. Located in Omaha, Nebraska.

Asking $38,000. I could be asking more than it's worth, but it was impossible to pay sticker price on the first run of the Challenger in 2008. Go to a dealer and ask the price on a Demon right now. I'm open to discussion if someone is seriously interested.

Thanks for Looking.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
That is way cool, and amazing. How, and why, did you restrain yourself? Great find for someone, if I had the room I would interested.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Beautiful car!! Not bagging on you but your real interest would have to be from someone who would keep the mileage down. As a daily driver with only 105 miles with no warranty and outdated electronics is a tough sell. The miles on it aren’t even enough to have worked the bugs out and uncovered any issues that would have normally been covered under warranty. You can’t really compare it to the Demon because they’re only making 3300. Look at the Hellcat, those are even coming way down and those who paid ADM’s on those did so from the heart not the head.

Again, beautiful car and good luck. 10 year’s from now with that mileage would be a lot different I think.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How, and why, did you restrain yourself?

The first years I was in California while the car was stored in Nebraska. The next few years the car and I were in the same state, but it was stored about 20 miles from my house...and life got in the way. The last couple years I've had it in my building and continued to debate about whether it should become a daily driver. This was never my plan when I bought the car in 2008.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if it rolled across a Meecum or Barret Jackson block you’d be lucky to see 30k.
I've seen cars roll across the block that sell for twice what I would ever pay. I've also seen cars go for half of what I would be willing to spend. Car people are an odd bunch. We all have our itches to scratch.

As a daily driver with only 105 miles with no warranty and outdated electronics is a tough sell.
A new 5.7 R/T runs about 35 grand. A new SRT 392 is in the 50k neighborhood? If someone wants to make this a daily driver, this is a SRT 6.1 for the price of a 5.7. Just like auctions, the warranty may not matter to one person. It only takes one. If someone chooses to park it for another ten years, that's also up to them. As I said in the beginning of this thread....this is an odd car. Not for everyone.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Bump for a cool car. You sell it yet?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the Bump B5SRT86spd !

It's still warm and tucked away in my building for the winter. Aside from a couple forums and some word of mouth around here, I haven't done much to push it. Had to get through the holidays first. Spring will be here someday (It's Nebraska) and then I'll figure out what to do with it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a 77 Trans Am (400, 4spd) with 11k original miles parked next to my 2000 Corvette with 7,200 original miles - I love low mile, original, untouched cars.

If I had the room I'd be talking with you!

BUMP

GLWS - this is a very unique car for a discerning buyer. It'll sell eventually once the right guy sees it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank You for the Bump !

I have a 77 Trans Am (400, 4spd) with 11k original miles parked next to my 2000 Corvette with 7,200 original miles
Wow! Nice collection. We are VERY lucky to have cars like these that we can respectfully enjoy. I love the old Trans Am's. I'm a Smokey and the Bandit generation!

It'll sell eventually once the right guy sees it!
I'm also very luck in the fact if no one else wants it, I'll twist my own arm, and keep it tucked away until I'm done with my '73.

Thanks again for the nice comments.

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
08 Challenger

Thank You for the Bump !

Wow! Nice collection. We are VERY lucky to have cars like these that we can respectfully enjoy. I love the old Trans Am's. I'm a Smokey and the Bandit generation!

I'm also very luck in the fact if no one else wants it, I'll twist my own arm, and keep it tucked away until I'm done with my '73.

Thanks again for the nice comments.
Here’s a bump.
What ever happen with the 08 ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same Boat here...

Did you sell her yet? Not to steal your post, I have a Black 2008 SRT, (#3477) she's a garage queen as well.. I put a Kenny Bell Supercharger on it at 5,000 miles, It currently has 8,500 miles, it dyno'd at 600 HP at RW.

·
Registered
550 Posts
That sure is a sweet museum quality Challenger. There is definitely a niche crowd out there that would be attracted to this one. I hope you are able to find a buyer. Being OCD if it were me I would store it for another decade. : )

·
Registered
94 Posts
Stick to your guns " OnesGottaGo ". i dont care what anybody says about your price and warranty (three years comes faster than 36,000 miles does) so others will have no warranty also. you have a very nice 1st gen challenger and if history repeats its self it will be worth more $$ down the road than any other SRT or R/T challenger other than the the demon at this point i certainly would not part with mine any cheaper than you are asking . i can not predict the future but as we all know in the past low production muscle cars have, especially mopar and i have one of those also. if i already did not own one just like yours it would be a bargain! because it would not break the bank to make that 6.1 run with any hellcat. if a person wanted more power that is. i think that has already been proven. heck you can S/C a 4cylinder and make it stupid fast? in my business i talk to people all over the US daily and i will keep my ears open for someone looking for a NEW 08 challenger! good luck...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts