Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a rear wheel hub replacement on a 2008 SRT8?

I've found a youtube guide for the 300C (non SRT) but the SRT has beefier CV joints and I think the hub retaining bolts will be very hard to get at.

Any hints/tips/guides/photos/videos please?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Curious if you ever did this? I need to replace a stud on my 16 SP and have to loosen the hub. You're right those hub bolts are a b**ch to get at. Any tips?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I never did it. I just had to torque up the hub nuts to take up the play!

I hear that the SRT axle's CV joints are very fat and cover the bolts. Maybe you can push the axle towards the diff a bit to gain access to the bolts that retain the hub?

You'd still need wobble bars and UV joints on your sockets though.

Please let me know if you succeed!

Ed

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Success! I got the hub loosened and pulled out enough to get the studs out. Definitely needed a wobble bar and 1/4" drive sockets.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve,

I've got the parts coming soon. Do you remember what size E torx socket was needed to take out the hub retaining bolts?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks - Ive got a 2008 SRT. I think the fasteners should be the same - I hope! I've just ordered the sockets...

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Thanks - Ive got a 2008 SRT. I think the fasteners should be the same - I hope! I've just ordered the sockets...
They should be. If for some reason not you can get these from Lowes:

They're universal sockets and they do work, I used it on one side of mine. I just don't like using anything "universal" if I can use the right fitting one so I got the E12 and kept these as backups.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts