Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any difference between the 09 5.7 and 6.1 air filter box? I'm trying to find me an in closed CAI for my 09 6.1 and was looking at the Corsa but they say it's for a 5.7 not a 6.1. Thanks for the assist!

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Typically those are interchangeable, I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't fit.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, looking at pictures of the two it seems as though they are the same but I did lookup part numbers and they are different. If I could find a stock 5.7 air box I'd like to try it before spending the money. Thanks again for the reply!

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Try the parts wanted section of the forum. I personally stuck with the stock air intake and just added a high flow air filter. The performance of the stock airbox/intake is hard to beat. You may want to save some money and just go that route. I do like the look of the Corsa/Volant CAI though. They did a nice job with that one.

·
Registered
9,051 Posts
The 6.1 air box bottom has a larger opening at the bottom/side than the 5.7. It will flow more and they will interchange with no problem.

The tops will not interchange.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try the parts wanted section of the forum. I personally stuck with the stock air intake and just added a high flow air filter. The performance of the stock airbox/intake is hard to beat. You may want to save some money and just go that route. I do like the look of the Corsa/Volant CAI though. They did a nice job with that one.

If it wasn't for my supercharger I'd look into finding a stock setup and modify it for more airflow and line it with heat shielding, I agree they Corsa/Volant's look like a nice setup and they've already modified it like I would for more airflow coming from the grill area. If I go with one of them I'll line the inside with some heat shielding to keep as much of the engine bay heat out as is possible.

The 6.1 air box bottom has a larger opening at the bottom/side than the 5.7. It will flow more and they will interchange with no problem.

The tops will not interchange.

Thank you, looking at the two I couldn't see any difference but it does make sense that that he openings would be smaller.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts