Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might possibly have a line on a low mileage 2009 Challenger R/T with the 5.7 Hemi, and while I want to go after it, I've always wanted a 392 Hemi. How difficult would it be to stroke the 5.7 to 6.4? I've found some different kits to do it.
Chrysler Modern 392 Hemi Main Balanced Scat Stroker Kit 1 48508BI | eBay

K-1 392 HEMI Stroker Kit 5.7L Hemi K-1 392 HEMI Stroker Kit 5.7L Hemi,Arrington API-CSK-392D Stroker [Arrington API-CSK-392D Stroker] - $3,199.99 : 3rd Strike Performance!Your source for Late Model Muscle!, Mopar, GM and Ford Performance Parts and Af

Which of these looks to be the better kit?
How much horsepower could I expect to gain from stroking it alone?
What cam should I select to provide good power without hurting MPG too much?
If I decided to stroke the motor, could I still eventually go FI with a turbo or supercharger provided I do something to lower the compression? What would I have to do in order to do that?
What heads should I look at using?

My overall goal before forced induction is anywhere between 450-525 horsepower

Thanks!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Do you have a price point? How much you willing to put into the motor?

·
Registered
424 Posts
That's not really important to me at the moment, I'm just considering different ideas and dreaming big. So, sky's the limit for right now
If you have access to a machine shop and are able to do the work yourself then go with the K-1 392 stroker.
If you don't want to do the work yourself, then just swap your 5.7 block for the API 5.7 based 392 stroker block. All the boring is done with new forged pistons and crank ready to go.

Ported heads, blower cam, ported intake, long tubes, 87 mm ported intake, will probably get you anywhere from 450 rwhp to 500 rwhp before a blower.

Parts and labor will easily be way over $10,000.00.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts