Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an Challanger 2009, 5.7 automatic. A company her in Norway that nead pinout chema to find out if there is a fault on my PCM. The dynamo probably short-circuited after a charge when the car was transported from the USA to Norway. All power drained from the battery. Bought a new alternator, and then we found out that it does not charge anymore. The suspicion is now on PCM and we must check this by measuring all circuits. the company has taken a passive test and it looks good. But they need to get on with connecting power and canbus to PCM to measure everything they need to know if charging does not give pulses from PCM. Need then a complete exploded view of PCM. Thank you very much if you have information for me or know of someone who can give us that type of information.

The PCM are a Motorola T05187912AB

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

Chilton Online manual

2009> Dodge> Challenger> Repair> Wiring Diagrams> Bus Communications> Module-Powertrain Control

MOPAR Connector Pin Out Lookup

2009> Select Platform LC: Challenger

Manual

Good luck!

A Guy

Reactions: Loopy and Arvi009

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Found this also, but i am not shure if it is enough information to power up the PCM with canbus and simulate the PCM. Will see. Thanks anyway :)

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
the other item that should also be investigated is the TIPM (power module in engine bay) - there are fuse links within that module that could have burned / failed and that will affect things as well. All the electrical systems are controlled through that TIPM

Reactions: Arvi009

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. That could also be a problem. We have no fault messages from the PCM, just "low bat". Is the TIPM a module or a fuse? Is this a module, how do we check it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The company found a critical fault on the PCM and we nead to buy a new one or soild in a new part. Our PCM has part number: P05187912AD and hardware number: 05150397AE. Can somebody help me verify if the part from Rock Auto will fit my car? RockAuto PCM

·
Super Moderator
17,237 Posts
that PCM will fit the 2009 - it will need to be flashed to the VIN # of the vehicle in order for it to work

it requires a WiTech tool to scan the other modules to read how things are functioning.

I've seen failed alternators (low or high voltage) that can take out many items in the electrical system in the chain

Reactions: A Guy
1 - 7 of 7 Posts