Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 R/T on order, with zero options except for the 6 speed and the stripes. Im excited about it!!

Even more exciting is that the car will have the Lifetime Warranty on the powertrain, and I can buy a bumper to bumper wrap for the car which is also LIFETIME for $1700. They hit me at $2300 for it, but after calling other dealers and getting price quotes and shopping around a little found out I could get it for less, so they are going to deal on it.

Anybody else found this out yet? Im glad Im not getting the SRT8, as you cant get the Lifetime warranty on it. I'll have planty of power as it is and will be under bumper to bumper warranty to infinity and beyond. Thats awesome.

Hoping to have the car by the end of August, hopefully sooner!

Anybody else going to get the lifetime wrap around on their car???

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
I have a 09 R/T on order, with zero options except for the 6 speed and the stripes. Im excited about it!!

Even more exciting is that the car will have the Lifetime Warranty on the powertrain, and I can buy a bumper to bumper wrap for the car which is also LIFETIME for $1700. They hit me at $2300 for it, but after calling other dealers and getting price quotes and shopping around a little found out I could get it for less, so they are going to deal on it.

Anybody else found this out yet? Im glad Im not getting the SRT8, as you cant get the Lifetime warranty on it. I'll have planty of power as it is and will be under bumper to bumper warranty to infinity and beyond. Thats awesome.

Congrats, on your order. I have a R/T on order myself. I highly doubt I'll take the extended bumper to bumper. This car is just a toy to replace my Mustang. Maybe I'll put 1,500 to 2,000 miles a year on the thing. Hopefully it's a wise decision and I won't need it.

What color did you order your R/T in?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got what I thought was Tored, to match our 07 Charger, come to find out that now its being called High Performance Red. Looks like its pretty much the same color though. Im pretty happy about it. This is going to be a driver for us, and we have 3 kids who will be driving in the next 5 to 6 years, so hopefully we'll put 500,000 miles on it as a family and it STILL be under warranty !!!

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
I got what I thought was Tored, to match our 07 Charger, come to find out that now its being called High Performance Red. Looks like its pretty much the same color though. Im pretty happy about it. This is going to be a driver for us, and we have 3 kids who will be driving in the next 5 to 6 years, so hopefully we'll put 500,000 miles on it as a family and it STILL be under warranty !!!
Cool deal.....I ordered mine in TorRed to.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
So there's no limitation or time or mileage? Ever? I may have to get that. I plan on keeping this car forever.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As long as you leave the title alone and never change it from the original owner, then yes, its unlimited time and miles. I plan on keeping mine for 10 to 15 years anyways. My daily driver is a 1994 Olds Cutless convertible, that I bought brand new 15 years ago. If that one had had a lifetime warranty, I wouldnt be dropping 30g's this year !!! But Im excited for my car to get here !!

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got a 2009 Brochure, it shows all the different stripe packages that will be available, and the stripe package for the R/T with a huge R/T sticker below the stripe on the front fenders. Not sure I like it all that much, waiting to see it in person.

On a side note, Tored is listed, not High Performance Red. So looks like my call WILL be Tored, which is what I wanted, and not High Performance Red like the dealership told me.

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
"High Performance Red" I believe is an alias name for "TorRed". The only two reds available on recent Chrysler vehicles (Charger, Magnum, and now Challenger, etc.) have been:

Inferno Red Crystal Pearl
TorRed

I've heard "TorRed" referred to in the same breath as "High Performance Red" many times. For instance, check out this RedLetterDodge article:

Red Letter Dodge » Talk Back: Challenger Exterior Colors – The Perfect Canvas for Personalization

A snippet from it:
RedLetterDodge.com said:
At the top of the list, for diehard muscles aficionados were Heritage colors like High Performance Red (TorRed), Hemi Orange Pearl and B5 Blue Pearl; not exactly like those of 1970, but new interpretations reformulated in the lasted high tech pigments.
So in terms of how Chrysler views it, High Performance Red = TorRed and vice versa.

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Just got a 2009 Brochure, it shows all the different stripe packages that will be available, and the stripe package for the R/T with a huge R/T sticker below the stripe on the front fenders. Not sure I like it all that much, waiting to see it in person.

On a side note, Tored is listed, not High Performance Red. So looks like my call WILL be Tored, which is what I wanted, and not High Performance Red like the dealership told me.
Wow....I ordered the stripes on my R/T after I seen the pics on the web. Kinda like them as it seemed subtle, but now you 're scaring me as the R/T portion didn't look to big. Judging by the pic you're looking at how big does look?

·
Registered
3 Posts

are there any pics floating around on the R/T stripe package...in a small town and the local dealer doesnt have much of anything on the challenger yet...

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts

$1700 for a lifetime bumper to bumper is a real good deal.What build status is your car in? I'm in C with a VIN assigned and didn't think I'd be getting my car until Sept. at the earliest.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im in BX status, no VIN yet. Was told late August at the earliest but most likely September as well. Congrats on your car!

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'm getting my dealer to do the 09 srt hood stripe on mine(flat black). didnt really want anything down the sides. Getting hemi orange.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Im in BX status, no VIN yet. Was told late August at the earliest but most likely September as well. Congrats on your car!
Congrats to you too, I saw the TorRed R/T at the NY Auto show it was awesome, my wife really liked that color but I went with the Deep Water Blue Pearl. The TorRed color in person is fantastic.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah our 07 Charger is that color, I wanted the Challenger to be the same. I called the dealer and deleted the stripe package. Im going to go to my local company here in Columbus called Hot Tropics Graphics and he is going to duplicate the classic r/t stripes like they are showing in the brochure for me. I know it wont be "right", but I dont care I like it and the cars going to be a driver for me. I dont know how anybody could NOT get that Lifetime wrap around, its a real good deal. Im still in BX as of this morning.

·
Premium Member
3,089 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello there, just saw this thread on the Lifetime Warranty. There is one section in the rules for this program that have to do with routine visits to the Dealership for "inspection" of the drivetrain, and that if these are missed by what I remember was a 60 day window, you will lose it. I'll recheck a couple things here at the dealership, but I do remember reading that.

Just thought I'd let you know, great reading here folks!:bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
13,701 Posts
Has anyone read this lifetime warranty? I suspect that all of the scheduled mainteance work must be done for Dodge to honor any warranty work. Also, if your dealership does not do the work, you will have to be fully documented about the work being performed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts