Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
:)Hello again, I've got the Warranty information in front of me. One thing that stands out is that "MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME"....so you 6spd guy's may have to go easy on it. Not like that's gonna happen, but good info. Also, the intervals for the "inspection" are every 5 years from the day of purchase, with a 60 day window of that date, or the warranty will end. As for the 500,000 mile comment earlier, the warranty is only good for the original purchaser....non-transferable, even if to a family member. They do supply a log book to keep track of your 5 year anniversary inspection, which by the way is done at no cost to the customer (inspection and log book free). If anyone wants to know any other details, just mention them here.

Dean
(parts Guru)
Jolly John Auto City

·
Super Moderator
13,685 Posts
:) They do supply a log book to keep track of your 5 year anniversary inspection. Dean (parts Guru) Jolly John Auto City
I will bet that part of that 5-year inspection will be to query the car's on-board computer to see if any of the factory settings have been changed. Such re-programming will probably void any warranty.

Owners of R/Ts and SEs should leave their cars in stock condition if they have any hope of someday making a claim under their lifetime powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow....I ordered the stripes on my R/T after I seen the pics on the web. Kinda like them as it seemed subtle, but now you 're scaring me as the R/T portion didn't look to big. Judging by the pic you're looking at how big does look?
Steeler, I to ordered the hood to fender stripes based on a photo my dealer had and it showed the stripes comming from the side of the hood scoops over the top of the fender and down the side about 3 inches and then 2 large letters R T one each the width of the stripe above it. I personally don't think they are too bad! Not too big or too small, Locomotion

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 09 R/T on order, with zero options except for the 6 speed and the stripes. Im excited about it!!

Even more exciting is that the car will have the Lifetime Warranty on the powertrain, and I can buy a bumper to bumper wrap for the car which is also LIFETIME for $1700. They hit me at $2300 for it, but after calling other dealers and getting price quotes and shopping around a little found out I could get it for less, so they are going to deal on it.

Anybody else found this out yet? Im glad Im not getting the SRT8, as you cant get the Lifetime warranty on it. I'll have planty of power as it is and will be under bumper to bumper warranty to infinity and beyond. Thats awesome.

Hoping to have the car by the end of August, hopefully sooner!

Anybody else going to get the lifetime wrap around on their car???

JCARVER 05, I'd like to know if this extra warranty or bumper to bumper wrap is offered by DODGE or an aftermarket company? I'd really appreciate it if you could provide any information as to who I talk to about getting this coverage as I have a 2009 R/T on order. Thanks for any help, Locomotion

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just some advice... you are absolutely right about the lifetime powertrain warranty and its a great deal for anyone that plans on keeping the vehicle for a really long time... HOWEVER...
Be advised that any chrysler dealership or service shop can say NO to you if you do not have, or have not kept up with the scheduled maintenance and have the documentation on the vehicle.
I used to work at a Dodge dealership.
Just make sure you keep up with the dodge scheduled maintnence on the car. ...oil changes, tranmission flushes, tune-ups...etc..etc..

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yes, you absolutely CAN do your own maintenance, you just had better save EVERY reciept and keep immacualte records.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Does one get the lifetime warranty right away when they buy the car or will we end up signing anything/buying anything when we receive the car?

Another thing... How sure are we that Mopar parts wont void the Lifetime Warranty... I was told by my dealer that if its Mopar and its professionally installed then there shouldn't be any problems but he also didn't seem to know "everything" about the warranty.

·
Super Moderator
13,685 Posts
Regardless of who does the work, Chrysler will have to honor your lifetime powertrain warranty if you comply with all of the recommended service/maintenance intervals. If your dealer did not do the work, you will have to keep very detailed receipts of all services performed.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Hmm ok so if I go with a Mopar sc were pretty sure the warranty wont be void? What happens if something breaks over time from the added strain so it can be considered a result of the mod. Would it still be covered since its a Mopar part?

·
Registered
332 Posts
We have a 2004 SRT10 Ram and all we have ever done to it was put on a Magnaflow cat back. It's a total bolt on so I kept the factory setup. Some of the people on the SRT10 forum found dealers who were willing to install aftermarket Mopar parts and were willing to stand behind the 36 month warranty. Other members had major grief---dealers where they took their trucks for warranty service blamed their problem on changing parts. They were told they would have to prove what they did was not the reason for their problem they were having. Just giving you guys a heads up. No doubt if you have adealer that will work with you it would seem the way to go. We ordered the 2009 R/T mainly because of the warranty. We jst purchased an extended Chrysler warranty for our SRT10----not cheap!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have not checked this out yet, but I was just told that lifetime warrantee does not apply in Canada.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ordered A 2009 Challenger In White With J Package And 535 Stereo Anyone Know When They Are Going To Start Building Them

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
They got back to work on the 21st. I have a buddy at a local Dodge store, and he has 3 SE's being shipped to him on August 5th, he expects to have them by August 12th. IE: Their building them right now.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts