Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Need to know what brand scan tool i can buy to diag performance issues and codes on my challenger, im retired GM tech, Need to read data and perform functional tests, any help appreciated, thanx

·
Registered
640 Posts
I use a launch x431 pro bidirectional scanner with ecu coding. Nice unit. It will do everything. Might be a little more then you need, but i use it for a living. Will write vin#'s, program keys and anthing else you can think of. Will do any manufacturer. Most here will recommend alphaobd. I dont think you can change vin #'s or program keys with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just plug in and ready to go? Do you need a subscription like some units require

·
Registered
640 Posts
Plug it into the obd link. Then use auto connect. It will find everything in your car or any car you plug it into. Make, manufacturer of all cars made. No subscription needed. Search ebay for the name i said in first post. They make them without the bidirectional also but for me and work i need to be able to access keys, rewrite vins in all manufacturers.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Look in the build section for my build. I posted the pics of me programming my key. Had none and needed one. Think its about half way thru the thread.
If you were a gm tech then youll love the scanner. I use to have a modis and sold it for the current one. Much better. I can do all the way to 2019 at moment. Updating it is easy. You do it yourself and no cost. No sending it out. Just update thru wifi in about 10 min.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx, i looked at them, sounds easy, all i need is data, and special functions, i wish my Tech 2 would work on it

·
Registered
640 Posts
Thanx, i looked at them, sounds easy, all i need is data, and special functions, i wish my Tech 2 would work on it
It will do everything the Tech 2 does. I had 6 scanners at one time. Now i only use the Launch scanner. So much better. It will do anything that factory scanners do for any manufacturer. Dont know if you still dabble with any other car or not, but if you do it makes it nice and easy. No need for multiple scanners.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are several models for the x431, can u recommend what model number? I dont need all the fancy stuff, just the basics, thanx

·
Registered
640 Posts
Like i stated i have the pro. Bi directional. If your 100% certain you will never change a abs module, ecu, bcm then get it without the bidirectional.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
A Diablosport in tune tuner can read codes too. And you can tune while you're at it....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts