Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, and good morning everyone. First I'm new to the group and in need of your help. A friends son just bought this car (2009 Challenger RT. 5.7 Auto trans and anti lock brakes, and rear wheel drive . Yes some part stores believe its all wheel drive and give him the wrong axle )roughly 2 months ago. It turns out he sheared the right rear axle assembly and damaged it beyond the likes you've never seen. We all know why it sheared. He goes about and orders a axle assembly gets it home ,turns out its the left side axle. This is were it goes all wrong. No one but no one has one or available anywhere, it's been discontinued through Chrysler and every parts search ,wrecking yards ect.... There is only one option and that's the driveshaft shop in North Carolina. Custom made and about $1,500.00 for the pair, it's out of range for the kid. Is there any other axle /hub assembly that can be used or substituted ? I'm hoping some other Chrysler/ Dodge car may fit . Any help would be grateful. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,608 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
there's many sources to get this online - I'd skip the stores that think Challengers are AWD (not even until 2015 and only on GT model) - that's just bad information.

the older years, AWD models were probably 5% of the production in Chargers when it was offered in the earlier years

1 - 4 of 4 Posts