Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking online for a new Chally, and this is what came up in my searches. I thought it would be a good buy due to the fact that it has fog lights, and a navigation system, and it's only going for 24,000, but I think the 33,000 miles on it speak otherwise.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
too much...not a good deal

·
Registered
607 Posts
I bought my 2011 SE for 23,500 and all it doesnt have that that has is leather or nav. It had 100 miles when I bought it. Thats one of the biggest rip offs ive ever seen

·
Registered
504 Posts
What should the price of a used SE be around?
Dude I just looked at a 2011 loaded with 300hp and really nice 20" wheel tire package installed by the dealership on the show room for 26,900...work back from that..no body wants the 08'-10's...........way under powered... 5 years from now I might buy one for around 10/12k and then build the crap out of it as a project with my kids

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
5 years from now I might buy one for around 10/12k and then build the crap out of it as a project with my kids
I was just thinking the exact same thing last night.

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got my 2010 Brilliant Black SE... base everything *whomp-whomp* with a spoiler for $21500 with 7000miles, sold as new by the dealer

later i added:
+$300 for fogs
+$400 for remote start

so yea $24k is ridiculous

I would suggest stopping by your local dealers to see if they got last years models still in stock

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Naturally, this is their listed retail price. If an unsuspecting customer comes along who hasn't done their homework will make the dealer very happy. This is a 25G car. $2,700 option. The base car is about $24,000. The radio looks like it was added since if it was ordered with the car when new, it would probably have the steering wheel controls. So, it might not have the 6 or 7 speakers. If it had nav, I would have taken a picture of the nav instead of the preset menu. The heated seats were $850 and the spoiler and fuel door, both about $300, were probably added later or it would have the Rallye wheels. The car's MSRP could have been $28k. New at year end, it might have gone for $24,000.

Wow! Just looked up KBB and they say $25k near you. $23,000 from private. Perhaps I should sell now why the gettin's good. LOL. If I were you, I would go base SE new for the same price. You don't need the heated leather down in FL and fog lights aren't a necessity. You can install them for a few hundred. And, you get all the new goodies like dual exhaust, etc. Guys are selling their R/T's for $27 or so. Do some homework.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I traded a 09 Challenger and the dealer sold it off his lot in less than 3 weeks for $22900 it had the G-package with moon roof, and spoiler. Also mopar splash guards. so there are a lot better deals out there than you have found. My Chally only had 10300 miles on it also. but I will say when I bought it new for $22000 so they sold it for more than I paid for it new. I would check out a 2011 3.6 if I were you, you should be able to get one for close to the price your looking at.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wanted to get an SE because I thought it would be way less than a R/T or an SRT-8, and like how you said mod it up with aftermarket parts such as Dual exhaust, in-dash navi, key-less entry, fog lamps, and stuff like that . I thought that would a much cheaper rout to go.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'm not in your finances, but if I wanted an SE, I would take a hard look at the 2011's. A 2011 Rallye with ~ 300 HP, and the looks of an SRT- - there you go!

I have a feeling the value of the earlier SE's is going to take a big hit, if they already haven't.

·
Registered
442 Posts
No 2010 SE is worth more than 24K base new; 22K used (no more than 15K miles). I wouldn't put more than 26K into a 2011 SE, for that you can pick up a 2010 R/T for near 29K base or 27K used (no more than 15K miles). Check E-Bay motors if you're willing to travel. If you get a used model, you will still have the original warranty.

Extended warranties may be considered, but note that with insurance, the deductible and covered parts will usually not cover the cost invested. What ever you do, if you plan on purchasing additional insurance, do not go through the dealer, and if you plan to get a loan, get pre-approved from your bank of choice beforehand. Any rate above 3.5%, if you're going to pay over more than 4 years, is not worth it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Test drive is your friend. At the dealer, give the beast a shove, see what the response is and don't be shy. See the response you're satisfied with and figure in the finances...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts