1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

2009 Dodge Challenger Midsize Coupe

(available Fall '2008')​

Available: Fall 2008

What Edmunds.com Says: If Dodge can find a way to build it, this Challenger should put a major dent in the sales of Ford's equally retro Mustang.

What We Know: Although Dodge hasn't confirmed it will build the Challenger, rumors the car will hit dealers in 2008 just won't go away. And you can't blame the rumor mill, the Mustang is hotter than jalapenos and Dodge built the Challenger Concept on the same rear-wheel-drive platform found under the Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum and Chrysler 300. It even has a production 6.1-liter V8 Hemi V8 under the hood. Yeah, the same 425-horsepower version you get in a Dodge Charger SRT-8 and it's backed by a six-speed manual transmission. Dodge says the combination is good for 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds, a quarter-mile run in 13 seconds flat, and a top speed of 174 mph. Although the Challenger is 2.3 inches shorter than a four-door Charger, it's a full 4 inches wider. It's also 1.2 inches lower and sits on a 4-inch shorter wheelbase. The concept rode on massive five-spoke wheels and oversized tires but expect something a little smaller on the eventually production version.

Source: Inside Line
by Edmunds.com
Tuesday, 03/14/06

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rumors...rumors..I love GOOD rumors! :D There is no smoke without fire! One of these days DCX is going to come out into the light and confirm THAT IT WILL DO WHAT HE HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO DO!:D ...and it will be 1970 all over again: MUSTANG and CAMARO VS THE CHALLENGER! I remember...I was there then racing on a back road against a MUSTANG BOSS 302 in a brand new 1970 4 speed 340 CHALLENGER (Green with white vinyl top, white interior), nineteen years old :cool: with my then new and last girlfriend now wife (still slim and sexy) :rolleyes: at my side in her sun dress and both having the time of our life! I wish that to all of you...and myself! :D

·
Registered
598 Posts
mike the tiger said:
Rumors...rumors..I love GOOD rumors! :D There is no smoke without fire! One of these days DCX is going to come out into the light and confirm THAT IT WILL DO WHAT HE HAS NO CHOICE BUT TO DO!:D ...and it will be 1970 all over again: MUSTANG and CAMARO VS THE CHALLENGER! I remember...I was there then racing on a back road against a MUSTANG BOSS 302 in a brand new 1970 4 speed 340 CHALLENGER (Green with white vinyl top, white interior), nineteen years old :cool: with my then new and last girlfriend now wife (still slim and sexy) :rolleyes: at my side in her sun dress and both having the time of our life! I wish that to all of you...and myself! :D
Hey,...I like that story,...that brings back fond memories,...but as time goes by,...the new challenger is not the only thing putting on extra weight!!;) :p :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts