Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

lot of discussion but with contrary opinions, i'm lost !!!!
in france, veryvery little informations

how many hp can support the oem fuel pump ?

i want to add procharger, so ordered A 320LPH QUANTUM FUEL PUMP
insTALLED, BUT failure at WOT !!!!

so i ordered a AIRTEX E7241m :

that seems better than stock, but enough ?

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
6,848 Posts
If you did not change the fuel injectors to bigger ones, it is hard to imagine the stock pump needed upgrading. And upgrading the stock pump but keeping stock injectors may not help deliver more fuel.

The supercharger should have fuel pressure/delivery/flow specs that are required for WOT operation. Do you have those specs? Those should be used when shopping for upgraded parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i removed the fuel pump in first
after i will change the injectors by hellcat injectors in same time that the centrifugal supercharger
maybe i should have changed everything at the same time?

but my initial question, how many hp with the oem fuel pump ?

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
i removed the fuel pump in first
after i will change the injectors by hellcat injectors in same time that the centrifugal supercharger
maybe i should have changed everything at the same time?

but my initial question, how many hp with the oem fuel pump ?
I don’t know, the fuel pumps don’t have a HP rating that I know of. They are rated to provide a certain PSI at the injectors or flow some number of gallons per minute.

How much HP can be supported from that much gas is different for different applications.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
OK, thanks ! which replacement pump do you recommend?
I don’t have a recommendation for which pump is best. If it were mine, I would verify the pump was the problem first, and then if an upgraded one was needed, I’d probably go with the stock one that a Hellcat uses.

If the HC pump can’t keep up, then you have a very thirsty engine that will require special parts very few people on here can help with.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
563 Posts
Cars are running close to 500whp on the stock fuel pumps. How much boost are you running? And what's your current set up? If the OEM pump can work but is at the limit you can use a 392 fuel pump to get by, or use one from fore innovations, a walboro 450, etc.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
563 Posts
boost 6-8 with torqstorm supercharger, hellcat injector, long tube header
At 6psi I've been told the stock fuel pump is good but at 8psi you need a voltage booster("boost a pump") or a better pump. I know a lot of guys use the ATI competition single pump when they're running 8-10psi. It's about $600 US dollars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts