Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i got the new switch, put in the fog lights used the factory wiring got my ecu flashed but i have no power any ideas?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,145 Posts
If it were me, I'd sharpen the poker on my test light and start poking wires to see if I could a) verify the fog light circuit is getting power, and b) where in the circuit the power disappears.

Assuming I verified a) and I did find something for b), I'd then start working my way backward to see if i could find anything untoward that could be causing the problem.

But before I did any of that, I naturally want to rule out all the low-hanging fruit first - respective fuse is proper amperage and still intact (do fogs have a separate fuse?), bulbs are functional/not burned out, headlights aren't on bright (activating bright headlights deactivates fogs BTW).

One more thing i would check would be the dash indicator light's behavior when turning the fogs on/off. If the dash light was behaving as though the fogs were lighting up despite them not actually lighting up, i would factor that into my diagnosis steps.

That's what I'd do if I was in your situation, but that's me, YMMV obviously...

also, i should mention I have the necessary electrical wiring diagrams needed for the previously mentioned testing with the test light, so that's another reason I'd try it myself. Without those, hope is dim of finding out anything useful with the test light I would think. If you wanted the electrical diagrams to do some testing yourself, you can get the 2005-2010 LX Chiltons manual at local auto parts stores or on Amazon and it'll have them.

Or you could PM me and ask me for a soft copy of the exterior lighting wiring diagram(s), and I could provide them as well I suppose.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Check to make sure all the fuses are installed. Lots of unused circuits are not fused.

Check to make sure the relay in installed. Those same circuits do not have relays.

Make sure the fuses have connections on the underside of the fuse box and one is 'hot'.
The reason I say check these things is on the '15 and up, the Interactive Cruise Control has a slot for the fuse but no connectors on either side in the box. To install that system would require extensive wiring.

Then, I would ask the dealer did they test it when they flashed the ECU.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
when i left friday they verified that the switch was sending the necessary signal out to the tipm but there was nothing coming out of the tipm. as for testing the switch it operates off of a varying resistance type system so just using a test light wouldn't help. all fuses and relays are filled in in the tipm upfront. and that is where the wire from fog lights go to. so unless there's a fuse i'm not seeing in the trunk of the car i'm at a loss. i get the aching feeling that my tipm upfront is gonna be a one off one :(

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,145 Posts
Trying to locate anyone with a 2009 SE G pkg. i have a question i need answered.
You'll probably have more luck finding someone with an LX that old if you hit up the V6 section on ChargerForums.com or 1st Generation V6 section of LXForums.com.

Lots of 2009 Charger SEs out there in comparison to the minuscule number of Challengers of same year, and I'd be willing to bet the few folks who are still driving an '09 Challenger SE aren't actively watching this section of this specific forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts