Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of days ago, i was at my local dealership and they had a 2009 SRT8 Hemi Orange (Manual) W/ Hennessy Package. Which is apparently "very very rare." with 18,000 KM on it and some weird not normal side stripes and back stripes (which didnt match the front) so i was wondering. for 39995 what exactly is the Hennessy package? i should have taken pictures but they didnt come out properly so i deleted them.

Shifty

·
Registered
105 Posts
A couple of days ago, i was at my local dealership and they had a 2009 SRT8 Hemi Orange (Manual) W/ Hennessy Package. Which is apparently "very very rare." with 18,000 KM on it and some weird not normal side stripes and back stripes (which didnt match the front) so i was wondering. for 39995 what exactly is the Hennessy package? i should have taken pictures but they didnt come out properly so i deleted them.

Shifty
Hennessy apparently had SEVERAL packages:

Hennessey SRT8 Upgrade Packages | Challenger, Charger, 300C, Magnum | Hennessey Performance

Weren't these the guys that did the twin turbo Viper?

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mmm. that makes it quite difficult then.
just looked on their website and they dont even have it listed. mmm. why must everything be so difficult. XD id really like to know more about this apparent "very very rare" challenger.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There are too many special editions and rare packages for them to be rare or special. Well, 40k for a 2 year old 6.1, I guess that's special. :p

Sounds like an HPE475 at that price.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol. i guess so. they didnt have any information about the actual car on the window, besides the price and it has the Hennessy package and its very very rare. lol their words.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I saw a bit on tv about the Hennessy enhanced Ford Raptor truck, sounded bad ass.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Getting a car already finished being prepped by hennessey probably isn't a bad thing, but entering into an order situation with him has proven to be risky in the past. He's built numerous different performance packages on cars since the early 90s that i'm aware of, and they're always a big ??? later on if they're worth anything extra as a collectible or not.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Well the thing that would have me questioning this is why it was up for sale, and what the history of the car is. You can really never say whats what till you've gotten comfortable with it and realize the ticks. It could be perfect and not have a problem, or it could be just waiting on another 5k miles till it starts falling completely apart. If it were me, I'd look elsewhere but again I'm sure there are a bunch of people out there happy with the hennessy packaged challengers.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Look for a ten foot pole!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Go to the Harris county courts records and look him up. Why do you think he moved his shop out of Harris county.A somewhat shady Hells Angels friend of mine said he was offered 10k to take him out.Since he's still in business, I assume my friend didn't take the job, this was some 3-4 years ago_One Viper owner lost more than 100k dealing with John.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts