Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been shopping around for rt's of srt's
have a loaded 2010 mustang gt and only owe 8600 on it yet. not sure what dealer will give me yet?
they have [see pictures] 2009 rt 10,500 miles lowered with eibach stuff,but have oem stuff in trunk.
asking 24,000. [ i also work for same dealer,diff. state so i get it at there cost +500 bucks]
how is the power on the rt hemi? i love my mustang,lots of power. will i be happy with rt hemi?
and truely how are these cars made,good and strong? rust issues? ect...
mech. issues?
thank you for any advice given!
scott
rt2.jpg

rt.jpg

rt1.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'm hoping because i am getting car at cost [what they paid at time of trade] that it will be around 19,000 ish?
and if i can get 18,000 for my stang,that will be 10,000 off on top of that. [not adding tax,and b/s]
i should be able to get pretty cheap!
i have him looking at all rt and srt stock and sending email of inventory.
with what i have to trade i am not putting a penny out of pocket down.i shouldnt have too.
my trade
2.jpg

8.jpg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too much for an 09, regardless of mileage.
really? comparing to srt's and other,many other rt's the price seems to be right.
where should the price be?
mint with 10,500 miles,6 speed.
thank you

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
really? comparing to srt's and other,many other rt's the price seems to be right.
where should the price be?
mint with 10,500 miles,6 speed.
thank you
That car sold new 5 years ago for like 32. If you can get it for 19, then do that all day. But 24 is just too much for an 09 R/T. You could probably get an 11 or 12 real close to that price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am seeing 2009/10 rt's between 10,000 to 30+ miles in this range,lower with higher miles.
and srt's with same miles in the 29,000 to 33+ dollars
they have a black loaded srt,but i cant do black,just shows all defects!all dark colors do that.
my kona blue drives me crazy!

2009's hold up? all cars have issues,but will i regret the trade?
thank you

·
Registered
588 Posts
IMO, 24k for a 2009 is a little up there. I guess I feel that way because I got my '13 for 30k out the door and it was brand new.

EDIT: Just did a 200 mile search (within Chicago area) on auto trader for 2009-2010 six speed RTs with leather and they are all running over 25k and none had low miles as the car your looking at. Looks like a pretty good deal now.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
If you can get it for 19, then do that all day.
thats what i'm hoping for.its listing is 23,495.
they had to have paid under 20,000 for it! right?
its a dealer,they had to mark up 4000 easy,i think?!

i will get employee price cost +500,so if its way under 20,000 its all mine!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i'm waiting for him to talk to boss,he will be sending me email of what i will pay.
he wont rush,no commission on employee car sales.
good for me bad for him!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Doesn't look like you've test driven an RT yet. Your mustang is lighter than the challenger and from your pics, its lowered as well. I suggest you test drive one or even rent one for a few days to see how you like it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes my mustang sits very low,and the challengers seem to sit higher. not really a big concern to me. yes car also heavier,how is the take off in the rt's? pin you in seat? its a 6 speed i am looking at.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
IMO, 24k for a 2009 is a little up there. I guess I feel that way because I got my '13 for 30k out the door and it was brand new.

EDIT: Just did a 200 mile search (within Chicago area) on auto trader for 2009-2010 six speed RTs with leather and they are all running over 25k and none had low miles as the car your looking at. Looks like a pretty good deal now.
Asking and getting are 2 different things. I've got 2 customers that own used car dealers and neither will even look at Challengers. They both said they can't make money on them and used ones aren't selling. Why would anyone pay 24 for an 09 when a comparable 14 can be bought all day long for 30, brand new?

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I was looking a month or two ago, I couldn't find any under 25k. I spent 21k OTD on my 09' Classic R/T. It had 50k miles and was 4k cheaper than any of the other ones.

·
Registered
426 Posts
They're asking way to much. Keep looking. Paid $3k more for my '11 R/T (Toxic Orange, so it was a bit more for an '11 since it's a more rare color). If it hasn't sung to you yet, then it's not for you.

Q

·
0 Posts
i have been shopping around for rt's of srt's
have a loaded 2010 mustang gt and only owe 8600 on it yet. not sure what dealer will give me yet?
they have [see pictures] 2009 rt 10,500 miles lowered with eibach stuff,but have oem stuff in trunk.
asking 24,000. [ i also work for same dealer,diff. state so i get it at there cost +500 bucks]
how is the power on the rt hemi? i love my mustang,lots of power. will i be happy with rt hemi?
and truely how are these cars made,good and strong? rust issues? ect...
mech. issues?
thank you for any advice given!
scott
View attachment 128985

View attachment 128993

View attachment 129001
Check out Cargurus dot com.
This site will pull up everything just as autotrader will, however it will show the listed price and exactly how much over or below the price is.
It also shows how long the car has been on the market, if the price has been increased or lowered since being listed, whether it's a very good, good or fair price. You can't go wrong.
Excellent consumer helper.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
290 Posts
I started looking at used Challengers before I bought the new one. After trying to haggle with the dealers, I realized that getting a new one only costs a few thousand more than a used, with comparable options.

I don't understand it honestly, I guess they really hold their value, but it makes buying used really unfavorable.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts