Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to locate anyone with a 2009 SE G pkg. i have a question i need answered. I'd like to get the part number of the tipm under the hood if i could.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Well I have a 2009 SE/G but no idea what the "tipm" is. have you tried your local dealership parts department?

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
looks like the part # is 4692170AJ

The distribution box / TIPM must be flashed for your VIN (and the sales codes for equipment the vehicle was configured with) for everything to work correctly.

Its not a cheap part - list is $1,325 and can find in the $900 range.

The same part # is used for SE / R/T / SRT in that year...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like the part # is 4692170AJ

The distribution box / TIPM must be flashed for your VIN (and the sales codes for equipment the vehicle was configured with) for everything to work correctly.

Its not a cheap part - list is $1,325 and can find in the $900 range.

The same part # is used for SE / R/T / SRT in that year...
the part number on my tipm is different. this is what i am thinking causing me not being able to activate my foglights.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I have a 2009 SE/G but no idea what the "tipm" is. have you tried your local dealership parts department?
the tipm is the fuse block under the hood. my local parts department won't help me with crap. they wouldn't even flash my ecu after i added switch and fog lights i had to drive an hour away to get it done.

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
part #'s update along the way in production - the part # is the current replacement part.

The dealer would have to "dive deep" into the vehicle configuration (in Body Control Module) to access the settings for Automatic headlights + fog lights.

Typically the G pkg SE would have fog lights. The E pkg was the base level, which didn't have fog lights.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is correct. i purchased my car used and it didn't come with fog lights. so after searching the internet and seeing the thousands of people who've added it by adding the new switch and fog lights and then taking it to a dealer to activate the fog lights, i decided to do it. the kit i ordered even came with how to activate the lights screen by screen shot. but i was still not able to do it. so it came down to the tipm not having the capability to do it. of all the luck i had i of course had to have the one that CANNOT do it :(

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,565 Posts
Total Integrated Power Module (aka fuse box). This F'ink expensive thing is a huge problem for a lot of dodge/jeep vehicles (fuel pump relay craps out) as the relays are soldered to the board. Fortunately the challengers don't seem to have issues with this module. I just soldered brand new relays in my 2013 as the relays started to go bad...parts cost $25 but good Lord is it a PITA to repair.

http://verticalvisions.com/TIPM_solutions.php

If you need pinout info on any connections check here:
Mopar Connection Repair Kit

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Total Integrated Power Module (aka fuse box). This F'ink expensive thing is a huge problem for a lot of dodge/jeep vehicles (fuel pump relay craps out) as the relays are soldered to the board. Fortunately the challengers do't seem to have issues with this module. I just solder brand new relays in my 2013 as the relays started to go bad...parts cost $25 but good Lord is it a PITA to repair.

http://verticalvisions.com/TIPM_solutions.php

If you need pinout info on any connections check here:
Mopar Connection Repair Kit
I wish there was a way to take the signal that the switch sends to the TIPM to kick on a relay for me. Looks like if i went that route though it wouldn't be a regular relay that's needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts