Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help please! Just got the service (shop) manual c/d from Chrysler (since paper version is not available) for my 2009 SRT Challenger and I can't get it to load onto my computer. Two other friends tried on their own computers and had no results either. Is there something different with this c/d than others?? Does anyone else have the c/d and could help me on how to make it work for me??????? THANK YOU ALL!!!!

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Need some help please! Just got the service (shop) manual c/d from Chrysler (since paper version is not available) for my 2009 SRT Challenger and I can't get it to load onto my computer. Two other friends tried on their own computers and had no results either. Is there something different with this c/d than others?? Does anyone else have the c/d and could help me on how to make it work for me??????? THANK YOU ALL!!!!
I hate the way this manual is setup personally. I wish it was just a digital PDF file as then it would be much easier to work with.

Can you browse the CD at all?

If so you can go in and open the default.html file to view the manual's contents if autorun isn't working.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You will have to use I.E. (Internet Exploder) and browse the CD directory using your
Windows (File) Explorer under accessories and navigate to the following;

"D:\81-270-09041\common\html\default.htm"

execute the file default.htm

You also can copy the entire CD to a directory on your hard driver and create a
"shortcut" to the same file off your DESKTOP. That is even easier and faster.

Set short cut properties to OPEN FILE using Internet Explorer.

I have all years of all Challenger owners manuals and maintenance manuals setup to
a simple click shortcut access off my Windows Desktop.....

:smokin:

·
Registered
887 Posts
As the others said, it uses Internet Explorer to view the info. It is not an internet manual and it does not go "on" the internet to open it. It just uses IE to view it.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Use Internet Explorer and copy all of the files to a hard drive or a memory card, the CD is brutally slow. It takes several MINUTES to load from the CD. Even from my memory card it takes a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts