Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 challenger RT. Will a 2016 shaker hood fit the 2009? Need confirmation before I spend lots of $$. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,972 Posts
it will fit - the issue will be that the 2009 has a power steering reservoir. This impacts what air filter box will fit
20190503_083826.jpg

the shape of the Mopar CAI airbox will not fit as the '11+ style coolant reservoir (and lack of p/s reservoir) has the space that allows this larger airbox.

The rest of the components - hood, shaker scoop, bracket will fit your '09 > you'll need to get the parts for the 5.7 as the 6.4 / 392 bracket is different.

I've attached my '16 Shaker CAI so you ca see the layout of the air filter box and the coolant reservoir that is used from '11 onward when the p/s reservoir tank was no longer used.
('11 - '14 had electro-hydraulic p/s and '15+ went to all electric p/s assist)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That helps, thank you!

Just throwing it out there for opinions. Will the 2016 challenger shaker hood kit/set up look good or not, on my 2009 Challenger? Hoping it improves the look and function.

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
153 Posts
Just throwing it out there for opinions. Will the 2016 challenger shaker hood kit/set up look good or not, on my 2009 Challenger? Hoping it improves the look and function.
That depends on what you classify look and function, post a pic of your car up, but I couldn't see it hurting, as for function, it may flow a bit better than the stock intake, but is mostly for show

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What’s the best tuner out there for an older 2009 challenger RT? Diablo, Cobb, Bully, HP? I am doing some mods and want one dodge friendly. Thank you.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I added the Shaker to my 2013, no problem.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,376 Posts
What years had the pisser nozzles through the hood?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Added the 2016 shaker hood and the shaker set up to my 2009 Challenger without any problem. Thanks everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts