Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at the risk of this question being redundant, however I just bought a 2009 SRT-8 and it only had 24k miles on and the body engine everything is cherry on it I absolutely love it however I used to have a 2012 challenger r/t and I can’t help but be so annoyed by this crappy steering wheel, this is such a beautiful machine only to get in and think, what in Gawds name is this monstrosity. It’s like it doesn’t belong... so my question is can I get rid of this crappy steering wheel and replace it for a newer model steering wheel and if so how hard would the replacement be is I did it my self PLEASE HELP

·
Super Moderator
16,082 Posts
the '11+ models use a different model of steering column

the '08 - '10 wheel will only fit on the earlier style steering column, so you can't fit the later style wheel from '11 - '14 on them.

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn bro that’s exactly what I thought and what I didn’t want to hear, however I love the car as a whole and it was steal and if that’s the only thing I have to put up with then I am still winning

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
451 Posts
There're threads here in other forums of completed swaps to get rid of the minivan steering wheel (pre-'10 to '11-14 and post-'15). It is possible, but it's not a simple straightforward swap however.

If you have buttons on the wheel they're unlikely to work due to the different connectors and electronic control modules. Another big issue is you have to grind a bit of material from around the splined hub inside the wheel. There might also be a mismatch between the wheel housing and column housing leaving a slight gap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts