Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this car since new. This is the first time this happened.

I accelerated to get in front of traffic, slowed and made a right hand turn and then nothing.
Engine quit, dash is dark, managed to coast into a turning lane and put it into park.

I was able to start the engine right away but nothing in the tranny worked. Waited about 30 sec and tried the shifter again, it caught reverse then once that caught all the rest came back. All seems OK now.

Its going to the mechanic tomm for a scheduled service. Are there any bulletins or anything out for this? I've done a search and it seemed to be quite common a while back.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I've had this car since new. This is the first time this happened.

I accelerated to get in front of traffic, slowed and made a right hand turn and then nothing.
Engine quit, dash is dark, managed to coast into a turning lane and put it into park.

I was able to start the engine right away but nothing in the tranny worked. Waited about 30 sec and tried the shifter again, it caught reverse then once that caught all the rest came back. All seems OK now.

Its going to the mechanic tomm for a scheduled service. Are there any bulletins or anything out for this? I've done a search and it seemed to be quite common a while back.
check the battery terminals in the trunk, see if they are corroded. Also your tranny sensor might have a cut in the wire.. it happened to me in my trans am.

·
Super Moderator
15,526 Posts
My 2009 SRT stalled once at a traffic light after coming fast off of an interstate exit ramp.

That was the only time it happened. Maybe that was because I took it in for the driveability reflash.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know my brothers srt8 charger will stall if he fills the gas tank up all of the way. I know it's part of the new lifetime gas tank warranty that he has to get fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts