Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took the car in this morning for oil change, tire rotation, brake inspection...still at 14/32 on the original brake pads with 62,000 miles and plenty of wear left on rotors

on another note I'm impressed with Falken (would you like to play a game?) tires. With regular rotation still at 7/32 even wear with over 30,000 miles

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
wtf?? Im at 27k miles and have chewed through my stock pads. I am actually squeaking and grinding right now. My EBC blanks and yellowstuff pads just arrived in the mail today and my stoptech SS braided brake lines tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Everyone is different. I replaced the rear tires @ 5k because they were bald. I'm sure my brakes will need replacing soon too! 2 tons of car is hard on tires and brakes, unless you baby it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everyone is different. I replaced the rear tires @ 5k because they were bald. I'm sure my brakes will need replacing soon too! 2 tons of car is hard on tires and brakes, unless you baby it.

driving habits is a big factor I agree.
On a straight up quality note though the stock Continentals were very worn with the same amount of miles as my current tires (Falkens)
If you city drive then brakes will wear out much faster than a highway driver.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
But with as hard on it as I am, the brakes are good as new and I'm at 6k miles. My last car with less weight and bigger brakes would have been replaced by now! I read the brakes are the same as dodge 1500 pickup.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I suspect that Falkens may be getting snubbed and that may be due to their low price. We're conditioned to think that expensive must be good. I put on a Ziex set on my Charger to trade it in for the Challenger and did not get to truly evaluate them, but they felt very rigid (sidewall) and traction and grip seemed very decent with 340 HP.
These tires don't always score high notes in reviews, in part because the mileage people get can be lower than advertised, but they look like a great bang for your buck and I'd never expect 60K from a tire. Personally, I refuse to spend $300 a pop on something that literally goes up in smoke - I don't have that kind of scratch.
Falkens can also be found in some hard-to-find sizes and, aside from price, that also put them on my radar.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
took the car in this morning for oil change, tire rotation, brake inspection...still at 14/32 on the original brake pads with 62,000 miles and plenty of wear left on rotors

on another note I'm impressed with Falken (would you like to play a game?) tires. With regular rotation still at 7/32 even wear with over 30,000 miles
+1 rep for a good movie reference

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
you drive like an animal but that is something you clearly recognize which is good :). I like my tire chirps here and there but i never do full on burn outs because i can't afford new tires, I also do a ton of driving. Spending $200 a tire for my motivos was hard to swallow but I take better care of them than the F1's (in part because i wanted to be rid of them) but they should have good tread life.

If I knew i would get a good quality tire that was quiet, well made and had good tread life and get it for less than what I paid, i would go for it as long as i could get like for like performance.

I'd be happy if my tires lasted 30k miles

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Bear in mind that the OP drives an SE. And we all have different needs and styles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts