Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking into the hellcat blower on a 5.7 swap and I'm very intrigued by it. Only problem is the kit by MMX is for 2011+ only and I believe it's because they changed the pulley set up in 2011 compared to 09-10. Is it possible to just use a 11+ timing case cover or is there more to it? Any other difference from 10 to 11+?

Another reason I'm interested in changing to the 11+ is they sell an upgraded alternator at 180 amps vs my 160 which would help me power the 2 amps I have for my sub and speakers.

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
670 Posts
I find the idea interesting, too.

Can't help much with your question about changing to the 11+ setup, but maybe it is useful that MMX is selling a complete FEAD setup from a Hellcat as an option? Kind of expensive, though.

I looked at some parts on RockAuto.com to see what they showed for interchange and things like pulleys and tensioners seemed to interchange, but water pumps and harmonic balancers were different. Best guess is that the pulley spacing off the front of the motor changed and anything that the belt interacts with is suspect. Guessing they matched it up on the indlers and tensioner by changing the timing cover.

I would bet you would need a new timing chain cover, water pump, harmonic balancer, alternator and power steering pump (did they still have those?).

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One thing I was able to find was that they specify a specific belt for june 2010+, so I wonder if the change actually took effect in late 2010, just like the paint colors did. My car is a late 2010 in August, and it is bright white even though the color option for 2010 was stone white. Anyone have any further information on exactly what changed from 2010-2011? I'm hoping to have a hellcat blower on by the end of summer if it all works out.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also, looks like the timing case cover was the same for 09-13

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coolant recovery bottles are different from 2010 to 2011+

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems like like in 2011 they changed to a different power steering pump that has the bottle sitting right on it as opposed to the far right corner near the headlight on my 2010.

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
670 Posts
Only 3 reasons I can think of to have a different belt. Routing, number of ribs and changes in pulley diameters.

A 2015 5.7 takes a K060820 belt, while a 2011 5.7 takes a K060825. The difference between the two is the length of the belt, the K060825 belt is about 11/16" longer.

Routing or pulley diameters would affect length, but I doubt routing changed and I can't see it affecting the length by so little anyway.

Maybe the difference between the years is the size of the harmonic balancer pulley? Or, since the water pump is different as well, maybe they both changed at the pulley?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I finally got an answer. The pulley spacing is different from 09-10 and every other year. I would have to change alternator, power steering, water pump, harmonic balancer, etc. But the timing cover will work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts