Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I am new here. This is my first post.
I have a 2010 SE. I would like to purchase a rear spoiler (black). Anybody know who sells the best deal on after market spoilers?

The dealership wants $500 to buy & install it. They sell the rear spoiler for $275... but that's without installation.

I can install it. But I do not want to have to get it painted after buying it.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger RT Classic
4,364 Posts
Hey all!

I am new here. This is my first post.
I have a 2010 SE. I would like to purchase a rear spoiler (black). Anybody know who sells the best deal on after market spoilers?

The dealership wants $500 to buy & install it. They sell the rear spoiler for $275... but that's without installation.

I can install it. But I do not want to have to get it painted after buying it.
Thanks
Look on EBAY. There used to be a ton there. I bought the flat black one from Chrysler and had them install it. I did not want to mess up drilling into the trunk lid personally.

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger RT Classic
4,364 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
OEM Factory SRT-8 Style - Lip-Mount Rear Spoiler - 2010 Dodge Challenger Spoiler
MoProAuto - Professional Vinyl Graphics, Decals, Spoilers, Truck Bed Covers and More! Ready to Install Automotive Accessories!
I did a search for Dodge Challenger spoilers and these were the first 2 that came up I'm sure you can get more if you do a search on google or where ever you watn and find the price you want to pay. Good Luck and enjoy the ride.
Thanks a lot minnpacker!

I just ordered the rear spoiler "painted" solid black (like I wanted) for $180 from the link you provided to CAR ID. You saved me a bunch of cash! :respect:

I also found a coupon code online for Car ID, and that saved me another $20.

Thank again!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thanks a lot minnpacker!

I just ordered the rear spoiler "painted" solid black (like I wanted) for $180 from the link you provided to CAR ID. You saved me a bunch of cash! :respect:

I also found a coupon code online for Car ID, and that saved me another $20.

Thank again!!! :thumbsup:
:thumbsup:Your welcome that's why these forums are good so we can help each other out. Enjoy the ride.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
888, search spoiler installation. There are a few threads on installing it yourself. I have some photos in my gallery of my install. The written instructions are in the threads.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Darn....I would have swapped you the entire trunk lid. No drilling.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
install rear spoiler

888, search spoiler installation. There are a few threads on installing it yourself. I have some photos in my gallery of my install. The written instructions are in the threads.
I saw the spoiler pictures... thanks for those. However, I did not find the instructions.

I got the spoiler in the mail today. I'm trying to figure out how the rear lights come off. I took off the 4 black plastic thumb screws that appear to hold on the tail light section. But it isn't coming off yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I found a link for the removal of the tail light section on this forum after a search on google. Imagine that!

Thanks for all the help you guys! Looks like I will have to get it done this weekend.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Did you drill all 5 holes? Did you get the nuts and clips from your dealer? Just wondering if you had any difficulties.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got the spoiler on today. It looks great! Thanks for all the help guys!!!
Now it's installed pictures would be nice. Just a thought.:browsmiley:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you drill all 5 holes? Did you get the nuts and clips from your dealer? Just wondering if you had any difficulties.
You were right about the tail lights. I DID NOT need to remove them. However I did remove the tail lights (at first) and found out that there is NO access to the bottom side of the trunk. So I ended up drilling two holes. One on each end. The spoiler that I ordered form California Design, came with 5 bolts, NO CLIPS.

So here is how I installed it...

In the middle section I used a HEAVY DUTY adhesive to bond the spoiler to the paint. It worked out great. Now I know, most people would not have chosen to do it like that. But I'm NEVER going to remove the spoiler EVER. I'm happy with the results. It looks great and that's all that matters to me.

I will post some pictures of before and after in the future.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
All the spoilers are attached in the middle by tape. I am surprised that this had 5 bolts, because there is no way to get in to attach a nut. That is why they use the clips. Glad everything worked out for you. Yes, there is no reason to remove it once it is on.

Edit: After closer examination, the clips are visible with the holes in the trunk and one could get a socket screwdriver in there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts