Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopped around for insurance for my 2010 Challenger RT Classic and Multiple insurance companies were charging me a higher premium because after running the VIN, it showed that it had the MOPAR 10 option. I'm a bit confused what is that? Is it the STP? I can completely shut off the Trac control and it does have the self leveling shocks, thicker sway bars and good-years , but what's the Mopar 10 option?

The past owner had the dealer install the Mopar/ borla exhaust and the Mopar CAI it has good power

anyone have a VIN decoder?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
Mopar '10 package wasn't offered on a R/T Classic.

The VIN # would indicate R/T model, model year and engine.

- the trim level for R/T models of that year:
F23 / F28 - R/T Base
J23 / J28 - R/T Leather Int
M23 / M28 - R/T Classic

would only show up if the vehicle VIN was run against Chrysler's database that would have all the sales codes for the trim level and equipment it was configured with.

A Mopar '10 had:
Brilliant Black color only
Side stripe in three colors (red, blue, silver)
T/A style ('70s style) hood, functional
Hood pins
Dash plaque (numbered edition)
Katzkin leather seats with embroidered Mopar logos
Mopar chrome shifter (automatic)
Hurst Piston Grip / Hurst shifter (for manuals)
Black out grille surround
Super Track Pack suspension
Full off ESP capability (same as SRT models)
Gloss black 20" wheels
Mopar car cover

The Super Track Pack suspension option was a mid 2010 model year option that became available on R/T models for the year

So its possible to have STP option on your R/T, but that doesn't make it a Mopar '10. The interior would be the give-away, since a previous owner could have removed stripes or changed wheels to alter the appearance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the Info guys! Def not a Mopar 10, I wish it was haha. I guess I do have the Track pack, It could be that the insurance company and Autotrader are just lumping it in same category as the 10 since the STP option came out in 2010 right?

Any place I can check my VIN just to see what option it came with?

That Mopar 10 hood looks sweet too

·
Super Moderator
15,381 Posts
all alpha characters must be in CAPS for the VIN lookup to work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts