Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum.

I just bought my Challenger Saturday from my local dealership. I bought it brand new with 7 miles on the odometer. I am looking into doing a custom duel exhaust setup and have purchased a flowmaster super 10 muffler so far. I realize this is a risky muffler to use but I feel like several of us v6 guys have been wondering what it would sound like. Well wonder no more I am going to be the guinea pig. I do, however, need some help from you guys finding the additional parts I'm going to need. Please post links for parts such as tips. I also need good place to order the rt/srt8 rear valance.

Thanks for all of your help,

Colby:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Yikes! So, is that a single inlet / dual outlet?

A bunch of places will have the valance, including the dealer. Should be $60-80 from a dealer.

Your tailpipes will be custom from the muffler on back I think. It's pretty much from the muffler on back, going to be custom. I don't think you are going to get away with an OEM parts list for hangers and such.

What are you going to do about tailpipes/tips?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is a single in duel out muffler. I plan to go to a local exhaust shop to have my pipes made. I need to find a set of tips that will fill the factory srt8 valance cut outs or modify my exiting valance to incorporate something in the range of 4 to 5 inch round resonated tips.

Thanks for your questions,

Colby:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I think dual round tips on each side are the best looking. They fill up the R/T / SRT8 valance and look mean as hell. Your other kinda dull option is to go with the stock R/T / SRT8 tips, but they can be pricey. A nice straight back tip on each side, round, and just taking up the stock sized holes also look reall nice when given just the right amount to length past the valance and a nice chromed finish.

4-5" per tail pipe tip????? That will totally be personal preference, and I remain the right to go BLEH!!!! :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
How about some nice oval tips for that more elegant look like the new 300s .See my albums rear pic,and I had the valance professionally cut by the system installers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have always loved the way large round tips look. I cant seem to find any double round tips that suit my taste. Ill proly end up modifying my stock valance.

·
Registered
277 Posts
How about some nice oval tips for that more elegant look.See my albums rear pic,and I had the valance professionally cut by the system installers.[/QUOT

Your exhaust looks great. Where did you get your tips and what kind are they?:scratchhead:
The brand is Ractive.The model is the T-815.Their website is Toucanindustries.com.They also have alot of other models and accessories.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
there is a really good non-supporting vendor that makes a nice round, roled edge, chrome exhuast tip that won't break your bank. Just wish I could tell yah...
good luck and let us know how it turns out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my muffler in today. I'm stoked. Cant wait to hear it for the first time. I just need an awesome set of tips and ill be ready to mod the rear valance and proceed with the install. Im very meticulous so this could take a while.

Colby:bigthumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts