Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been having issues with challenger recently. First it was the rocker arms assembly took it in to get checked out they recommended a engine swap so we proceed with that route after engine swap I still hear the rockers going but thought maybe it's all in my head since I was always looking for that sound since I first heard it. So sad news is they replaced the engine but not the damn arms, called back no answer it's been going on like this for 2-3 weeks they wouldn't answer my calls/emails. Funny thing is they finally answer my call I told them about the issues and guess what they said my warranty finally expired. by the looks of it they didn't answer my calls till my warranty ended. Bunch of *******s I swear.
Sorry had to let some steam off.
Well now I know one of the issues.
But can someone help me with this second one?
Can seem to figure out what's going on. Vid down below.

https://youtu.be/C1uCT3F87L4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did buy the vehicle from a Nissan dealership, car was working perfectly fine till I hit a certain mileage that's when I heard the arms start that tick. Pic below on list of stuff they got.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,026 Posts
Okay, that receipt has really peaked my interest...but one thing at a time. If you're trying to diagnose the reason why it takes longer to start than normal (I didn't watch this linked vid, I assumed it was the same one; if not, tell me!), that's a good news/bad news situation:

The good news is there are basically only 3 things that could be out of whack and causing your problem - air, fuel, or sparkk.

The bad news is trying to determine which one of those things is not being delivered, mixed, lit up, or disposed of properly and causing that problem is going to be quite difficult without really getting your hands dirty and doing some serious wrench turning and/or ECU interaction.

We need some background details first:

1. How many miles does the car have on it now?

2. Do you know how many the engine had on it when it was installed by the dealership? Do you know where they got it?

3. I noticed it's a Nissan dealership, which means it was not a Dodge service tech(s) that did the work of swapping the engines obviously. No question, but this is something I feel like should be kept in mind for future reference. I hope it doesn't have any bearing on anything, but I wouldn't be totally shocked if it did play into the issue somehow.

4. How often does it do this? Every time it starts, or only on the first startup of the day, after it's been sitting for many hours cooling off.

5. Do you remember when the first instance of the problem happened (that you noticed)? How long ago was that, and has it gotten worse over time or always been the same basically.

6. When the car is idling, such as a stop light or in a drive-thru line, have you noticed an up/down rhythm to the engine's RPMs, i.e. it doesn't have a steady idle, the RPMs fluctuate slightly up and down, slowly but surely?

7. Do you happen to know your average MPG lately? Have you noticed it getting slowly lower, or has it always been about the same?

Alright, that's sufficient for now. I have a code deployment I am supposed to be testing for work, so I need to drop off now. But if you can fill in some of those details above, we will be able to see what kind of PITA troubleshooting this issue might end up being, and then make the go/no-go call from there. :eek:ogle:

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
6,026 Posts
My last PM was denied because your inbox is full. Go in and delete some of the previous ones and/or clean out the Sent folder too.

Rainycoffee said:
Alright if you noticed anything else keep me updated! I definitely want to get to the bottom of this now!

agreed, I am trying to make sure I think of as many excuses and stupid reasons they might respond with in response to questions about things that don't make sense, and then making sure those loop-holes are closed as well ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts