Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Looking to dump some money into my car and I have been searching this forum for a company who still makes superchargers for 3.5L. I could not find anyone who still does and wondering if anyone knows who sells them. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) As far as I know, no one makes a supercharger kit for the 3.5L any more. Modern Muscle used to, RDP too, the last was Tidalwave, and they closed their site and are only on Facebook, and they aren't doing them any more. You'd have to be able to cobble something together with a Vortech or Procharger, all custom brackets, etc.

Not to bag on your V6, but they were getting like 60 RWHP bump with the Tidalwave. Nothing to sneeze at, but for the cost. The 3.5L is pretty stout I believe, except the rockers, but if you could find a used kit, got it tuned, etc. even if the price was worth it, will the engine and drive train survive?

You honestly may be better off to not have an option...

A Guy

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Speculate he’s saying pick ups a nice R/T and be done with it. There are some real nice R/T’s being sold for Hellcats. Blowers installed with other goodies easily approach 10k.

·
Banned
429 Posts
This is a new 3.6 not the Old 3.5 like OP is asking
Don’t matter, he might be able to give him guidance as far what other components he might need for a V6 build, he is the only member here that I know that has done V6 supercharged build, he can or can’t contact him it’s up to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies but after a lot of research and comparing numbers, I’ll be getting a R/T or SRT and put a supercharger on it. They are easier to get.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
Good choice, In fact, if you get a SRT or Scat Pack, you may be satisfied with the power level ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks everyone for the replies but after a lot of research and comparing numbers, I’ll be getting a R/T or SRT and put a supercharger on it. They are easier to get.
Probably best to get a simple turbo built for the 3.5 like im doing, not to expensive and our engines are very strong with the forged rod's and crank. Pistons will go out past 9-10 PSI though, staying at 6 is recommended and a tune. This together will probably net you about 340-350 to the crank. 290-300 to the wheels. And they're plenty of other options to get it to the RT spec without spending massive money.

A Simple turbo built probably around 2.5k mines actually cheaper than that, and a tune is about $600-700. I got my SE for 8g so just tryna get a couple horses out of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Probably best to get a simple turbo built for the 3.5 like im doing, not to expensive and our engines are very strong with the forged rod's and crank. Pistons will go out past 9-10 PSI though, staying at 6 is recommended and a tune. This together will probably net you about 340-350 to the crank. 290-300 to the wheels. And they're plenty of other options to get it to the RT spec without spending massive money.

A Simple turbo built probably around 2.5k mines actually cheaper than that, and a tune is about $600-700. I got my SE for 8g so just tryna get a couple horses out of it.
Which turbo did you get and are you happy with it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts