Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hey, new member here, looking at a 2010 Challenger SRT8 very low k. Thought I would ask if anything paticular I should be aware of? Good bad and ugly, all info would be appreciated,
Thank you.

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
Welcome.

It depends on the price. Details will help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks for replying, 18.000 kilometers full load, in new condition, 6 speed, asking 32.500

Whoops color black on black

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
What's your general location?

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
435 Posts
Check the rear quarters for rust and rot (between the doors and fender well). Pull back the wheel liners and rocker panels to get a good look if there's no apparent surface bubbling. Repair/replace is not cheap.

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
The '10's are nice cars. Quite a few early, low mileage Challengers show up for sale.

"Investment Cars" they weren't. Pricing values vary depending on location, but that seems rather high to me.

A '15+ SP can be had for that price, and they are a better car IMO. Very similar in many ways.

Numerous updates throughout, they are more refined in virtually every area.

JMHO

·
Registered
2010 srt8 challenger 6 speed
40 Posts
I bought a 2010 srt8 6 speed with 27000 miles on it for 22000 dollars it was the best deal I'd seen and I was looking forever. It was a super clean can couldn't pass it up. I love it. The stereo is very outdated the nav isn't very good because of the age but thats an easy fix they make new radios to fit right in. I did all the bolt ons and just added nitrous. I love the look of the older ones. The clutch is the only thing I can think of that might be a problem. Depends on the previous owner whether they knew how to drive a standard or not. Run the car for a minute and pull the oil dip stick. Put a drop of oil on a white peice of paper and look for metal. Alot of people go cheap on the oil changes which is not a good idea with these cars. I use royal purple. Just look it over good is all I can say

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
I have a 2011 (IE for the 392), but the 2010 is one of the best ICONIC representations of the bare bone muscle car before marketing pressure was exerted to add all the "fix'ins" to the Challenger. I am not a fan of the SP or Hellcat, neither reflects that nostalgic muscle car image. They are "luxury type" cars disguised in muscle car skin; with switch, knows doodas that only get used for the first 12000 miles and once set, are forgotten. So to all those with the SP and Hellcat - really, how often to your traverse the "Performance" pages of the onboard computer system?
Give me the good'ole muscle car with some modern safety, and I'm good to go.

ps. Take my comments with a grain of salt, because I all but rebuilt my 2011 Challenger to have a 2.9 Whipple Supercharger with a Ray Barton race engine and built Tremec 6060 to handle the 739lb-ft of torque and 863 RWHP she is putting out - not to mention all the other drive train upgrades to keep her from twisting and hopping....

I say - check it out ... and if you like what you see - go for it if you like a true resto car.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger SRT-8
44 Posts
@Dominator the 6.1L HEMIs are great for making more torque and horsepower with mods, custom tunes, and boosting with nitrous and/or supercharger or turbo. Gonna need some wider & stickier tires on back instead of the 255s though. Love my '09 SRT8!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey great vid, appreciate all the replys, I'm on hold on buying that car, dealer not budging on the price. I put in a decent offer but we r off a few thousand.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ive heard prices are higher in canada but in my opinion thats to much watch mecum auctions even ebay

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
ive heard prices are higher in canada but in my opinion thats to much watch mecum auctions even ebay
I agree. Seems way high. I bought my 2010 SRT8 in 2015 with 3,000 miles on it. 6M . Loaded. I think it was just over 30K.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
2,401 Posts
Ok, thanks for replying, 18.000 kilometers full load, in new condition, 6 speed, asking 32.500

Whoops color black on black
Is that $32,500 canukistanian, or USD? If Canadian, that makes it about $24,500 USD, right? And about 11,000 miles, that doesn't sound bad, but $25,000 USD can buy a newer Scat Pack with some more miles, maybe a 2012 SRT 392?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts