Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to start my car after driving it the previous day and the key fob would not go into the ignition switch. I pressed a little harder and it went in part way and became stuck. I sprayed the inside with silicone lube thinking there might be dust in it causing the friction but it made no difference.Do the switches wear out like this or was it tampered with like I believe? The tow guy tried to start it with the cut key and the key fob in close proximity to the switch to no avail.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,458 Posts
That’s a new one on me. Those switches might be subject to wearing out, but I have never heard of anyone having an issue like that. You may have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealership to have them diagnose (though not necessarily fix).

Reactions: raratt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s a new one on me. Those switches might be subject to wearing out, but I have never heard of anyone having an issue like that. You may have to bite the bullet and take it to the dealership to have them diagnose (though not necessarily fix).
I had it towed to the dealer because the only reason I could think for the switch to be damaged like it was was if someone tried to steal it. Filed a police report, and insurance is picking up the bill for new key fobs also.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,458 Posts
that's good they are taking care of you

Reactions: raratt
1 - 4 of 4 Posts