Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will soon be in delivery of a 2010 Challenger that was converted to a convertible Cuda. I'm doing the motor/tranny work and the car belongs to a good friend of mine. I'm looking forward to doing the work and will post photos of the build. I just finished assembling the modified Magnacharger. The kit come with a 1" aluminum spacer, 3" intercooler and all hardware. The factory Magnacharger intercooler is only 2" thick and seriously insufficiant in cooling down the hot charged air. The mod kit is very well engineered and complete. Found it at a company called Cooler Logic on the internet. They even offer to ceramic coat the bottom tub of the blower intake to prevent heat from soaking into the intercooler cavity. As soon as I get it built I'll report on what the IATs are. I've used this company in the past to buy the spacer kits for my GM truck and Camaro Magnacharger builds. I've seen a huge improvement in those vehicles.
I will also be adding a cam,heads, headers and corsa exhaust to this 6.1L Hemi. Thank God its not the VTT engine. If the IATs need anymore help I'll add on methonal injection. Like I said, I'll post photos of the build in the next few weeks. All I have for now are photos I took of the Maggie mod.

Attachments

·
Banned
804 Posts
Get ready to modify the cowl support to fit with the blower taller. I wouldn't be surprised if your IAT's are the same and you lose boost. The thicker intercooler looks very restrictive compared to the Magnuson unit......talk about inefficient.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The IATs will be useless in comparison because you are starting with a modded piece to begin with. You have nothing to compare it to. Also did you make some provision to be able to actually test the air temps after it goes thru the cooler into the cylinders? to come on here and use your first post to kinda slam one of our vendors without specifics to prove your view points seems a little harsh. JMO. No one has had any issues with the coolers built in the manifolds yet that I have heard of. Seems to me the exchanger for the coolant would be the first to try and enhance ie Iceboxes, larger pieces before moddifing the manifold cooler besides, most IATs are taken pre-manifold nowadays. Even Cadilliac took theirs out of the manifold because of build up on the sensor creating false readings and affecting MPG as well as cold starts. Again, JMO

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Looks really nice!!!

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Thanks for sharing the information of the build we are always looking for new information. Please keep in mind that you do not post any links as to the supplier that you are using as this could be taken the wrong way by some of the members.
Now if you really want to tackle something after this maybe a 5.7VVT motor seems to be many of those folks going with the magnacharger :)

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
Posting links is usually taken wrong here unless it is to a paying vendor...if you tackle
the 5.7 VVT from the cam phaser first, you will probably find it more to your liking. It
would be interesting to see real world HP output comparisons between intercoolers. Good post! Makes people think!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts