Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been wanting to upgrade my radio from the non touchscreen variant to the touchscreen (non-navigation) variant fro a while. I was wondering if there would be any problems with doing this. Some guys on YouTube made it look like it worked without a hitch. Thanks.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Upgrading to the non-nav touchscreen in your car is literally plug and play. (The nav version has a different set of challenges with antennas and whatnot) . I believe (it's been 6 plus years since I did mine, so excuse my memory) it's the 430 RBZ model that you want. Now, it needs to be a low speed bus model and if it's an antitheft unit (it will say it on the front) make sure you get the code for it. Otherwise, it's a great little upgrade, or at least I thought so..LOL!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Upgrading to the non-nav touchscreen in your car is literally plug and play. (The nav version has a different set of challenges with antennas and whatnot) . I believe (it's been 6 plus years since I did mine, so excuse my memory) it's the 430 RBZ model that you want. Now, it needs to be a low speed bus model and if it's an antitheft unit (it will say it on the front) make sure you get the code for it. Otherwise, it's a great little upgrade, or at least I thought so..LOL!!
Thank you so much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts