1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Your Ga giant price dealer!!!

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
It is a custom job by SpeedFactory out of Georgia. The cost is in the new engine and supercharger, then there's the supsension, exhaust, interior, and the dealers markup which having some experience with HPP (hppcars.com) and Mr. Norm's Challenger conversions, I would have to say the dealer markup is probably the least of the cost.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I do like the interior touch ups and the fuel door. But for that price I'll buy a slightly pre-loved 911 Turbo.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Um.... no.

I understand its a blown 426 but $105K? Not a chance. I ran into a guy in Tulsa who had just purchased a blown 426 Hennessey Challenger with a much nicer interior, more engine goodies, full gauges... the Hennessey invoice was something like $105K but he paid less than $70K for it.

Dealer is pretty optimistic on that one.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Um.... no.

I understand its a blown 426 but $105K? Not a chance. I ran into a guy in Tulsa who had just purchased a blown 426 Hennessey Challenger with a much nicer interior, more engine goodies, full gauges... the Hennessey invoice was something like $105K but he paid less than $70K for it.

Dealer is pretty optimistic on that one.
The fact that he paid $70k doesn't make the cost any less, as you pointed out. I also know there are 2 things that guys lie about, and one of them is the price he paid for his car.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The fact that he paid $70k doesn't make the cost any less, as you pointed out. I also know there are 2 things that guys lie about, and one of them is the price he paid for his car.
I didn't say it cost any less, as I pointed out. Did you have a point? If you think $105K is a good deal buy it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I like the old school shift knob. Other than that, for 105K, you can have it.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
105K?! Viper ACR please!

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I didn't say it cost any less, as I pointed out. Did you have a point? If you think $105K is a good deal buy it.
My only point was that the dealer is not necessarily being greedy. Personally the car doesn't do much for me either, but to each their own. That is why they call it "custom". There is room for all of them and no need to flame anyone for what they like.

·
Registered
130 Posts
SpeedFactory Debuts SF700R Challenger – the First All-Aluminum, Twin Screw Supercharged, 426 Hemi Powered Challenger at the 2010 SEMA Show | Modern Mopar Muscle Cars - SpeedFactory

All aluminum engine, blower, wheels/tires, suspension, axles, built tranny, alcantara interior, $$$ brake kit, exhaust, graphics...the WORKS.....

EASILY...$35k in parts ALONE not including labor on top of the $45k price tag.....

Like was said up above the dealer markup is the least of the total price....

Not my cup of tea though

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
My only point was that the dealer is not necessarily being greedy... .
Go back and read my message. I never said the dealer was being greedy. I said the dealer was being optimistic. The reason I said the dealer was being optimistic is because I've seen several of he Saleen Challengers on Ebay for $80-$100K and they never sell.

Optimistic is not the same as greedy and I never said the dealer was being greedy.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Go back and read my message. I never said the dealer was being greedy. I said the dealer was being optimistic. The reason I said the dealer was being optimistic is because I've seen several of he Saleen Challengers on Ebay for $80-$100K and they never sell.

Optimistic is not the same as greedy and I never said the dealer was being greedy.
You did say optimistic, so apologies for misconstruing what you said.

·
Super Moderator
14,216 Posts
Way overpriced. Also, they should revise the car's specs. It says that it has a 6.1 normally aspirated engine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts