Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2010 R/T when turning on the headlights, it would automatically adjust the screen on my Navigation to "night" mode.

On my 2010 SRT it does not change display settings when I turn the headlights on or off. I have go to in manually and change it. I went through the settings and it is set to auto display.

Any guesses?

Thanks

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Dodge: MyGIG – How MyGIG Works

Download the manuel and look at page 28.

Are you trying it during the daylight?? It could be using the dash light pickup and not allowing it to switch to the night time map.. Maybe???
I'd have to look again. I haven't drivin it since November. Never had an issue with it.
Here's another resourse:
http://mofv.com/mygig/
Yes i've tried it in the day light and during the night time. I read the manual and thats the exact setting I have it on.

Also I installed the newest RER update.

I dunno, I will try it again tonight:notallthere:

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I have to go out and look now. I was thinking it might have something to do with the seting on the Nav screen not so much on the main menu. The ones on the side. 2D/3D section??

I can't see why it could be any different than your R/T would be?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Just looked. Just tried it and mine acts just like yours.

I know it does switch. Could be after the emergency brake is off and the car is rolling. Same with how your DRL's won't kick on.

Other than that, I really can't tell you...lol

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just looked. Just tried it and mine acts just like yours.

I know it does switch. Could be after the emergency brake is off and the car is rolling. Same with how your DRL's won't kick on.

Other than that, I really can't tell you...lol
Thanks for trying man! It's gotta be some stupid setting. When I bought the R/T it did it automatically, It's not a huge issue, I can go and change it manually, but i'll figure it out

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
make sure the headlamp dimmer switch is set correctly. roll the knob all the way down to the dimmest setting, then roll it up to the max and just before it clicks past the two indents.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Left of the steering wheel on the dash there is a knob for dimming the instrument lights and turning on the interior lights. I think the auto setting of the MyGig/Nav will only work when this knob is set somewhere in the variable mode, i.e. Instrument lights not set to brightest position. My PCP RT works like this and also a grand caravan with my gig.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Did you check the switch that adjusts the dash light setting? I remember that there was a parade mode to turn your headlights on during the day and would keep the dash and radio bright.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
make sure the headlamp dimmer switch is set correctly. roll the knob all the way down to the dimmest setting, then roll it up to the max and just before it clicks past the two indents.
Left of the steering wheel on the dash there is a knob for dimming the instrument lights and turning on the interior lights. I think the auto setting of the MyGig/Nav will only work when this knob is set somewhere in the variable mode, i.e. Instrument lights not set to brightest position. My PCP RT works like this and also a grand caravan with my gig.
Did you check the switch that adjusts the dash light setting? I remember that there was a parade mode to turn your headlights on during the day and would keep the dash and radio bright.
:thumbsup::thumbsup: You guys were all right! Thank so much for the help

I knew it was something small and stupid

1 - 11 of 11 Posts