Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW Furious Fuchsia 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T $10K OFF!

Dodge : Challenger - eBay (item 120695665055 end time Mar-16-11 07:03:10 PDT)

How is this possible? I talk to the dealers here in the DFW area and they act like dropping the price 2k would take all of the profit out of the deal and they would be losing money. I am beginning to think I should open up my search nationwide and just fly out and drive it back. 10k off is a pretty sweet deal!

·
Registered
61 Posts
If I was in the States, I would be on the next airplane heading to Atlanta on my way to Cumming !!

Sometimes the small town dealers can make you a better deal than the mega dealers. I didn't look at the dealership site, but a lot of factors can play into it, lower overhead costs, building paid for, small town= don't need a million salesmen to pay. Even the color can play a big part in a small country town (but I would think a dealer trade would take care of that).

Oh well...just my 2 cents :indifferent:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
it does seem high considering its a limited color and the 2011 RT is pretty much the same as the 2010...

hey, they want to get rid of it...if your into pink, buy it!

·
Registered
217 Posts
There seem to be a lot of 2010 Challengers left in the Atlanta area and dealers around here are starting to offer some pretty good deals (although there are still some who think giving $3K off is the deal of a lifetime). I got my R/T at a different dealer in this area in January for $9K off sticker. It wasn't quite as well equipped as this one, so I could see them knocking $10 off of this one.

They can do it through a combination of rebates, "cash to dealer" incentives that normally the dealer would keep, kickbacks from finance companies, and other hidden sources of money the dealers don't usually want you to know are there. If you're seriously in the market, it would be worth a trip to ATL to pick up this one if you have the time to do it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just happened to stumble upon this thread and couldnt help but comment. I live less than 5 miles from this dealer (Troncolli) my wife goes to church with their internet sales guy. They actually have two of these on lot right now. As was said above, if your into pink then go for it :thumbsup:. I am almost positive they will go lower just so they dont have to look at them anymore. They been sitting there for freakin ever.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I just happened to stumble upon this thread and couldnt help but comment. I live less than 5 miles from this dealer (Troncolli) my wife goes to church with their internet sales guy. They actually have two of these on lot right now. As was said above, if your into pink then go for it :thumbsup:. I am almost positive they will go lower just so they dont have to look at them anymore. They been sitting there for freakin ever.
I have been researching Challengers for about a year a half now. I am getting close to pulling the trigger on one. I have not seen a Furious Fusicia in person. Is it really pink? From the pictures it looks sort of off purple. Is this color not a big seller?

Wow, you think they will go lower? They have three 2010's left are discounting all three. I did a search on Dodge's website and there are three dealers within 50 miles and none of them have any 2010's left. Maybe this is legit and they just want to get rid of them.

I figured there had to be some catch with this. Is the dealership shady? I am having a hard time believing this is actually going to sell for 10k off.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'll wade in on this one, especially since it's a better deal that I got, and I didn't think that possible.

FF to me is a "love it or hate it" color. Certainly it's retro, as it's very close to a '71 model color. That said, IMHO it's a color that if I purchased it, in a couple of months I would be saying "What the hell did I do?". Some people may think it will be a collectible color, but I doubt any of these cars are going to be collectibles.

Lastly, before making what you think is a firm purchase, check to see if there are any fees the dealer charges on top of the sales price, and besides tax and title. A lot of dealers in VA charge pretty outrageous documentation fees.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It pretty much a metallic Barbie Pink, and Furious as in I'll scratch your eyes out Ha! Ha! it's not for everyone. The one they had down here sat there for months and the sales guy said only women had looked at it. My wife didnt even like it. I've taken heat for saying that before, dont care. I think it's more of a collectors car, that your great grand kids could cash in on.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
I have not seen a Furious Fusicia in person. Is it really pink? From the pictures it looks sort of off purple. Is this color not a big seller?

I am having a hard time believing this is actually going to sell for 10k off.[/QUOTE]

If you've seen Inferno Red, then FF is that tone with a more purple tone to it - the pearl effect is more pronounced than Inferno Red, but its not pink...I've seen the color in person.

With it being such an unusual color, the dealer is probably trying to move it- they've had that car since last fall/early winter and they've got $$ tied up in inventory that is just sitting around...really bright colors can be a tough sell to the general public as far as car sales go.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I have not seen a Furious Fusicia in person. Is it really pink? From the pictures it looks sort of off purple. Is this color not a big seller?

I am having a hard time believing this is actually going to sell for 10k off.
If you've seen Inferno Red, then FF is that tone with a more purple tone to it - the pearl effect is more pronounced than Inferno Red, but its not pink...I've seen the color in person.

QUOTE]
I've seen that color too- - it's way closer to pink than it is any red I've ever seen. Not to say I wouldn't buy it if I liked the color. I wear pink shirts quite often so it's not that I would be afraid of pink, just don't think I would like it on my car, day in and day out.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Whats that old saying? If it looks too good to be true........ it usually is!!! I'm pretty sure that 10,000 off the sticker is only if you qualify for every single rebate they are currently offering, oh and just so you know,...... YOU DON'T QUALIFY FOR ALL OF THEM!!!!!! I have been down this road a million times. I'll tell you this much, you prabably need to be a returning leasee to get $2000 off the price, and if your in the military then you get another $500 then if you are a college grad you get another $500, then if your mothers cousin went to school with the dealers sister in law you get another $1000. Just kidding on the last one but you get the idea!!! I.m not telling you not to call them cause it never hurts to ask. there was a dealer in cali that had $10,000 off all their 2010 srt's. I called them out of curiousity and they told me the best price he could do was 39,400 for a 46,000 car. That was a good price but not what the website said. I obviously didn't qualify for all the rebates. I did tell him that i would have to get 10,000 off the sticker to consider flying out there and he called my bluff and said OK. If I flew out there he would give me 10,000 off the sticker. unfortunately I couldn't pull the trigger, I wanted to but I just couldn't do it, so it doesn't hurt to ask for $10,000 off, worst thing they could do is say no. I posted a couple of pics of a FF R/T i took back in october. I don't know if it clears up any questions u have about the color. good luck with whatever you do!!

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
In May of '09 I bought a $42k sticker price '09 300C for $14k off (paid $28k). It was an internet special that they had sitting on their lot for months. It had 6 miles on it and was in perfect condition. And there were no hidden fees.

It costs dealers money to have cars sitting around. And they can get incentives from Chrysler to move old stock as well.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I just contacted the dealer and they've sold it. And yes, it sold for the price listed.

They also have a Mopar 10 if anyone's interested.
interested in the mopar10 if it was a 6-speed :(

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,819 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts