Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Ok I couldn't find it in paperwork so I went out and looked. If you have an EVIC and go to extended mode it's right after the digital speedometer

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the electronic conv group...but all I have on the display are the personal settings, trip/mpg and system ok....I have gone through those three and nothing?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
If you can't find it try this.
Extended EVIC Menu Access

If you have the Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) option on R/T's, you can activate its hidden "Extended Menu" mode by holding down both the steering wheel COMPASS and MUSIC NOTE buttons together for 6-8 seconds anytime the key is in the ON position (engine running/car moving or even engine off). Cycle through the series of various displays (such as a large-font digital speedometer) by using the up/down arrow switch on the left of the steering wheel.

Q: What does the "compass" button look like?
I have a 2010 R/T 28M package with Uconnect/iPod (I think its sound group I or II) and don't have a button with
a "compass symbol" on it.

A: Yours may have the "Home" button. This was a running change in the production model 2010's - some model's had
the compass button while others got the home button that has the house icon instead.

There are many other EVIC tips and tricks described in this document (Example Tip:75 , Tip:84, Tip:120, etc.) that reference to or contain more information about features in EVIC. Search this document for "EVIC" related items!

EVIC and Radio Steering Wheel controls;
If a set up on the EVIC is showing an extended menu screen (ex: Digital Tach and Speed) and is left this way, the steering wheel buttons controlling the Radio will not work. Hit the home button to clear EVIC secondary menu settings and the Radio controls will work again.

Note:
It's not wise to start changing things unless you're confident that you know what you are doing.
To get back to the normal EVIC display operation, press the COMPASS (or Home) button once again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts