Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to attempt to post deconstruction pics up to this point, then installation pics when I get to that point.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Looking forward to updates on this post. I am sure you will post part #'s etc...... and how things fit and any tips and tricks that helped the process. Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm just here because of the red R/T classic. But seriously, I am also considering exhaust upgrades. Are you getting tune with this? What's the cost for install and tune?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to do a tune after install is complete. I have no idea what someone would charge for installing as I am doing the install myself. I do know I am expensive, have to pay for my lift and tools, supplies, etc...part numbers are available on Hookers website, different suppliers may use different numbers and or pre/sub fixes. I would not attempt this as a 1st time project. Instructions included with parts ars simple and easy to understand.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still waiting on mid-pipes from factory...expected ship date 6-4-18...bored till then...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you have paitence, you can install long tubes without removing or loosensing the motor mounts...no need to move motor to access header bolts, just need dexterity, wrenches n ratchets n sockets. 3/8 & 1/2 drive, ratcheting wrenches, combination wrenches, and an extending stick magnet

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mid-pipes came in early! Welding in bungs for the downstream 02 sensors, adding a Diablo i3 Tune, then a custom tune fron Sean @ Hemifever ( he is very paitent and helpful! ) Should be up and running saturday.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Installation done, full Hooker stainless, Sean(GREAT INDIVIDUAL!) at HemiFever custom tune, Diablo i3 tuner, fab work on mid pipes, added up to $2700. Cost does not include labor. Sounds GREAT! No drone at any speed, drop the hammer and it growls like a big dog n gone! Best sounding exhaust ive heard in a looong time, and performance is very impressive for a 5.7 without major mods. May take to track in a week or so, time allowing.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1st run after installing headers and Hemifever tune...was only allowed 1 run, as I didnt have a helmet. Stock 20/245 tires, no burnout and half asleep...reaction time: .683 I will be driving it to Norwalk for all Hemi meet there, and will have a helmet.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
What were you running before? Around here we're 2300 ft above sea level so everything runs about a half second slower than guys running at a track like Mission raceway for example. I'm dying to get long tube headers on my R/T to see how much time it'll knock off my ET! I didn't know hooker made headers for 5.7s. Thanks for sharing a write up on your install.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Until I put the Hooker exhaust on car was totally stock. Added MoPar CAI, MoPar front strut brace, oil catch can, rear MoPar brace. No previous runs with stock exhaust. According to Road & Track, 2011 Challenger stock 1/4 mile time is 13.5. I was staged with my stock 2010 R/T: launch @ 1500 rpm, BFGoodrich 245/20 z tires...no to very little tire spin...1st track time since mid 1970s...If I use this car as a strip only car, a 93 octane tune will be used, and the mid-pipes back will be removed. Im in Michigan so no altitude adjustments. I will know tomorrow if car is going to be dedicated strip car, waiting on new 2019 Challenger release...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just saw info on Hellcat Redeye....ordering one tumor o, or as soon as able, 2010 R/T(28,+++ miles on it) is up for sale, or will trade in on new Redeye....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts