Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi crew!

New and first time owner of a Challenger. It is the 2010 with the "Crager" style wheel. Not my personal favorite look, so the wheel I like the most is a 20x9 "srt" style wheel. Does anyone know if it will work? Mine should be a 20x8 correct?

Thanks a million in advance!

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,309 Posts
You can always in doubt contact the Wheel Manf and ask them about the Offset of the wheels... a 20x9 should work fine though how ever depending on style and offset , id contact to be 100% sure they meet the Specs...

·
Premium Member
2,986 Posts
If the wheels you are looking at are Mopar wheels, then 20X9 will fit fine. It gets iffy when you get into aftermarket wheels with different backspacing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the wheels you are looking at are Mopar wheels, then 20X9 will fit fine. It gets iffy when you get into aftermarket wheels with different backspacing.
Ok great. Thank you. Best place to buy Mopar wheels you think?

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
604 Posts
If your 2010 wheels are Cragar-like you probably have the polished aluminum five-spoke "Heritage" wheels of a 5.7L R/T Classic. Those would indeed be 20x8".

The SRT wheels you mention being interested in...are they the five-spoke ones found on 2008-2012 SRT8s that say "Alcoa Forged SRT" on them? Those are 20x9" and will fit the rear, but need 3-6mm spacers up front to clear the smaller spindle/knuckle of the R/T. You'll then be able to run 275/40r20 tires all around. Best place to find those Alcoas is on FB Marketplace or Craigslist, perhaps eBay, where sets runs $500-800.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,035 Posts
Hi crew!

New and first time owner of a Challenger. It is the 2010 with the "Crager" style wheel. Not my personal favorite look, so the wheel I like the most is a 20x9 "srt" style wheel. Does anyone know if it will work? Mine should be a 20x8 correct?

Thanks a million in advance!
If you are thinking of selling your wheels, please let me know :) -Steve

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If your 2010 wheels are Cragar-like you probably have the polished aluminum five-spoke "Heritage" wheels of a 5.7L R/T Classic. Those would indeed be 20x8".

The SRT wheels you mention being interested in...are they the five-spoke ones found on 2008-2012 SRT8s that say "Alcoa Forged SRT" on them? Those are 20x9" and will fit the rear, but need 3-6mm spacers up front to clear the smaller spindle/knuckle of the R/T. You'll then be able to run 275/40r20 tires all around. Best place to find those Alcoas is on FB Marketplace or Craigslist, perhaps eBay, where sets runs $500-800.
Thank you sir!
Here is my 5.7 r/t, and looking to put what is below on it.

If you are thinking of selling your wheels, please let me know :) -Steve
Ok Steve...I will sir.

Ok Steve...I will sir.
Steve, do you have wheels you are trying to get rid of/sell?

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,035 Posts
No, actually just trying to find some of the exact rims you have, as replacements for what I already have, I prefer the Classic Heritage wheels on my 2010 PCP Classic...

Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,697 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I don't think you'll find those wheels OEM anymore, and if you did, the cost would be prohibitive.

You can generally find them (in black as well) as replicas. Whether in stock or not

A Guy

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think the wheels you already have on your car are the best looking wheels of all on Challengers! Those wheels coupled with the classic RT stripes just make a perfect combination IMO.

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
604 Posts
Here is my 5.7 r/t, and looking to put what is below on it.
Yup, that's the '08-12 SRT8 Alcoa Forged 20x9 wheels (well, a replica styled after it which will be a few pounds heavier as it is cast not forged).

Go for the lighter weight and stronger authentic Mopar wheels. I can look at my set if you really need a part number, but like I said just look for them online (FB Marketplace, Craigslist, eBay). $500-800 per set is fair (and I just found at least 3 sets searching now) but opportunists will try to gouge you $1200+.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yup, that's the '08-12 SRT8 Alcoa Forged 20x9 wheels (well, a replica styled after it which will be a few pounds heavier as it is cast not forged).

Go for the lighter weight and stronger authentic Mopar wheels. I can look at my set if you really need a part number, but like I said just look for them online (FB Marketplace, Craigslist, eBay). $500-800 per set is fair (and I just found at least 3 sets searching now) but opportunists will try to gouge you $1200+.
Thank you so much for the info! What are you typing in for a search on these? Can I run a 245 45 20 on those wheels? Or will they rub?

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
10,901 Posts
I think the wheels you already have on your car are the best looking wheels of all on Challengers! Those wheels coupled with the classic RT stripes just make a perfect combination IMO.
Yep, feel that way too. Love those Heritage wheels.

Best looking Challenger to roll out of Brampton.

2010 R/T Classic

Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design Mode of transport
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design Automotive tire
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Yellow Automotive design

1 - 17 of 17 Posts