Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only thing more mind blowing than the fact that you can wreck your PS pump by doing donuts is that the manual trans PS pump is on nationwide backorder and “none are in the pipeline”. There are 3, yes three at dealers. I just bought one in Colorado. The others are in Texas and New Hampshire. Unreal. Sorry, just a rant.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
What is really sad is it is the same power steering pump that was used in the mini van

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? My understanding is that the MT cars had a “variable volume” pump. The auto one is very different.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I asked Luke at Steve white motors about it he said it is the same pump used in mini van lol
Sounds about right though. Do more with less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And then there is the “non serviceable” pulley. Also specific to the manual trans car. Had to order that from Texas.

·
Registered
73 Posts
P/S questions

In April I drove the Tail of the Dragon in TN/NC. During the drive the steering got really hard like the P/S took a dump. Checked the fluid level, no leaks and all was good. The power steering has always felt strange on this car, almost like a power assist. Feels like the p/s is too weak for this car.

How do I know I this is going to die?

Any updates would be helpful.

LCM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts